Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get 3G on China Android Phone

Options
  • 17-08-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Hello just bought a secondhand Galaxy Note 3 Clone china MTK phone and whatever I do i cannot get it to go into 3G and im pretty sure it should, all I have is a 'E' symbol (denoting edge) - Ive sucessfully rooted the phone and gone into MTK tools (mobile uncle tools) and selected bands and a lot of the UMTS ones are greyed out and cannot be changed (or ticked) I am with Meteor as my mobile provider and maybe their 3G is not on WCDMA-800 or WCDMA-CLR-850 or WDMA-IMT-2000 and maybe this is why its not working on 3G?

Would be a real dealbreaker for me if I cannot get 3G on it. What am I looking at, changing ROM/Baseband or is there a phone code to enable all UMTS bands does anyone know? thanks.

Heres screenshot pic:

BAND.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pretty sure Meteor use the 2100 band for WCDMA. And I think its hardware dependent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Pretty sure Meteor use the 2100 band for WCDMA. And I think its hardware dependent

Thanks for the reply - so 2100 doesnt even show up at all in my list , so it looks like im stuck with 2G/edge on this phone then? - maybe it was originally for the US market?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Generally, buying any sort of clone is a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Techmaster wrote: »
    Generally, buying any sort of clone is a bad idea.

only bought it for 60quid so it didnt break the bank, but what a shame i cant get 3G on it because the rest of the phone aint that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

All networks in Ireland use 2100MHz for their 3G networks

• Advertisement
Advertisement