Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External vs Internal repeats

Options
  • 17-08-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

It's looking likely that I'll have to repeat 4/6 modules next year. If I were to be given the option to repeat either internally or externally, (money isn't a problem, I worked all summer and last year) which would be the better option?

Also what's the story with progression? Once you pass the repeat modules you progress ahead with new classmates is it? That's one thing that would draw me towards repeating internally as I feel it would be easier to get to know new course mates.

If anyone has any insight or experience I'd really appreciate it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

no experience but just be clear of the difference

One is a student and the other is not

Internal repeat you can use all the facilities - webcourses/library etc - while with an external repeat you are not a student/not in classes /no forms can be stamped/not eligible for J1 etc.

Given the number of modules you have to repeat internally probably would be better. What if you had a question on a subject etc.

Progression works exactly like you. Once you have fully passed the year you simply progress with your new class.

Advertisement