Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 to B2 Visa

Options
  • 17-08-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Last year I completed a 12 month internship visa in the US. After that was up i decided I wanted to stay longer so I applied for an extension of my visa and received a 6 month B2. After the 6 months of that visa expired I applied for another B2 extension as i heard of a few people who were able to this.

I returned to Ireland and when i was home I received a request for more information letter from the DHS to my US address. Obviously didn't respond as I had already left the country but I probably should've followed up and let them know this...

Anyway does anyone know if my lack of response to their query will have any knock on effects in future if I am applying for another visa or travelling on an ESTA visa??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Last year I completed a 12 month internship visa in the US. After that was up i decided I wanted to stay longer so I applied for an extension of my visa and received a 6 month B2. After the 6 months of that visa expired I applied for another B2 extension as i heard of a few people who were able to this.

I returned to Ireland and when i was home I received a request for more information letter from the DHS to my US address. Obviously didn't respond as I had already left the country but I probably should've followed up and let them know this...

Anyway does anyone know if my lack of response to their query will have any knock on effects in future if I am applying for another visa or travelling on an ESTA visa??
    sorry, this doesn't answer your question at all but could you tell me how you got the B2 visa? What were the circumstances for getting it etc??

I'm 3 months into my intern visa and already looking at ways to stay longer.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 elpistolero

blue-army wrote: »
    sorry, this doesn't answer your question at all but could you tell me how you got the B2 visa? What were the circumstances for getting it etc??

I'm 3 months into my intern visa and already looking at ways to stay longer.

Thanks a million!

It's pretty straight forward. There's a form which you download of DHS to fill in, cant remember name of it. Bit of stuff to fill out there. Then write a letter with a detailed plan of what you'll be doing for 6 months and send on a bank statement.

It's really simple but an immigration lawyer can help you out with it to avoid any hassle

Advertisement