Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microphone picking up background noise

• 17-08-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So recently I bought a new microphone (Blue Yeti) and the sound quality is great but it picks up a lot of background noise such as typing from my keyboard and the clicking from my mouse. I have tried turning it onto cardioid mode and facing it away from the keyboard/mouse but it doesn't seem to make much difference. The only solution i have found so far for this issue is to put the microphone approximately 1 metre from my desk and leave something between the desk and the mic in a feeble ghetto attempt to block the sound waves. Even after that I still have to set a threshold to completely mute the typing and by the time I'm finished all this I sound like I'm in a cave :p . Does anybody know any quick-fix ideas or recommend any accessories I can buy to to solve the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement