Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to repeat first year in UCD. Help!!

Options
  • 17-08-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys. I'm looking for advice on how to repeat a year in UCD, as I cant really find anything specific on the ucd website and its stressed me out a bit..Basically, due to some personal problems halfway through semester 2 relating to the death of a parent, I lost all interest in college and decided I hated my course and wanted to change. I reapplied to the CAO, hoping to get my dream course, which went up 30 points :( Insane. I failed the majority of my exams (Arts..:/) in summer but didn't really care as I assumed I'd be going to another college and course. Sorry for the lengthy paragraph but does anyone know how I'd go about repeating the year? is it too late? really stressed rn. Please someone help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JK2015

I don't do arts so I don't know about the specifics of that course but in general, I don't think you can repeat modules that you've already passed, so repeating all your modules won't be an option. If you want to progress to second year you will have to repeat the modules that you failed though.
    I'm really sorry for your loss, and I think the best thing that you can do is firstly decide if you really want to go back to your course, and then talk to your programme advisor who'll have loads of experience in cases like this and will be well able to advise you.
    (Its definitely not too late to make decisions subjects/modules/repeating because registration hasn't taken place yet) Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'm sorry to hear things didn't go well for you last year and that you lost a parent. It must have been a really tough time for you.

In the first instance I would recommend that you call into the Arts Programme Office and have a chat with them there so they can advise you on what to do. I would also re moment hat you explain your situation and see of its possible to apply for an IX for some of your modules (Incomplete due to exceptional circumstances). It's worth a shot as it means you won't be capped on your resits/repeats.

You should also contact each insividial school and explain things to gem, too.

Finally, I would suggest you contact Aisling O'Grady who is an advisor to Arts students. She will be able to advise you on the best. Purse of action while also taking your situation into account. And she is there to help you.

Best of luck.

Advertisement