Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot log into 365 (secure connection)

Options
  • 17-08-2015 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi, is there an issue with 365 online?
    I cannot log in as it says it is "establishing a secure connection" and then times out?
    Anybody else seeing this ..I am using UPC as ISP...

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its working fine for me and I'm with UPC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

Thanks for that...was that online or on a mobile device.?
    On a mobile device it is fine but online (laptop-windows) it is not working for me... get homepage no issues but than cannot log it....

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

That's using both Chrome and IE11 on a Windows 7 desktop; just tried it there again and still no issues from my end.

JohnK wrote: »
    That's using both Chrome and IE11 on a Windows 7 desktop; just tried it there again and still no issues from my end.
    Thanks. I am on chrome too and W7 so must be Modem/ISP issue....Thanks for your help.
    I will call UPC tomorrow,,sure that will be fun..I already rebooted Modem to no avail.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

dimma wrote: »
    I cannot log in as it says it is "establishing a secure connection" and then times out?

Thanks for your help.
    Hi dimma,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties logging on, I can confirm that the 365 Online website is operating normally.

As you are able to use your information to login successfully using another device you may need to check your browser settings on your laptop.

Please can you check that that the option to allow sites to set cookies on your browser is enabled. Once you have done this, please close and relaunch your browser.

You can then manually type the web address www.365online.com into your address bar. If you continue to experience difficulties, please call 0818 365 365 and a representative will check some further settings with you.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Earthlight

Thanks for your help.
    Hi dimma,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties logging on, I can confirm that the 365 Online website is operating normally.

As you.........
    Having the exact same issue. I've isolated it as a problem with UPC as I can log on fine when using a tether connection to my mobile phone, but when using the UPC connection it doesn't work. Checked with both wi-fi and wired connection. Rang UPC but the person I dealt with didn't seem to be that interested in getting to the bottom of it other than suggesting I ring their premium rate tech support line which costs €1.20 a minute. Checked with Macbook and Mac pro desktop. All other websites working fine. This needs to be sorted.

Nothing changed at this end but issue appears to have been resolved - can login now as per usual. Would be nice to know what the problem was though.

Hi Earthlight,
    Mine is sorted now too, started to work at about 6pm last night, I also isolated it to UPC (I could login via VPN or at work or on my phone via 4G  but minute i went wireless in my house or direct to modem I could not!) and I also put a comment in the "Talk to UPC" and they said it was/could be a IPV4/IPV6 issue so I guess they knew something was up as if you and I had the same issue, then I guess others did too..
    UPC for me at least are very reliable with a good service (touch wood) so I am just happy it is fixed and didnt take long

Thanks for the comment on this, Glad we are all back to normal....

Its gone again..just checked...need to get onto UPC...whats going on with there service....was ok 20 minutes ago...gone again....!!!!!
    Can you please check earthlight when you get a chance and post?
    what area are you based in, I am in co meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Its gone again..just checked...need to get onto UPC...whats going on with there service....was ok 20 minutes ago...gone again....!!!!!
    Can you please check earthlight when you get a chance and post?
    what area are you based in, I am in co meath
    Do you know whether or not you have an public IPv4 or IPv6 address. 

UPC are implementing IPv6 (via DS-Lite) for some users and it may be the issue.

• Advertisement

I just have a dynamic ip address as per UPC. .
    Its a weird one ok..they did mention IPv4 and IPv6 etc but it is more than me with this issue. .instresting how it comes and goes. ..could it be the modem firewall or settings. ..I personally don't think so but I am at a loss.
    Thanks for your input. .appreciated

I am in D6 area, Rathmines/Harold's Cross. All still good today.

Same issue again...got to get onto UPC..
    Anybody else with UPC unable to log online via internet (app is working OK) .
    Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Candythespy

I am having the same problem and have UPC also.
    I thought it was an issue with the bank, whom I am actually still waiting on reply from 3 days ago.

What area are you in ( im in co meath) and what router have you? Mine is a Thompson (white in colour).
    I also originally thought it was BOI hense this thread. But its not as it works on my 4g or in work.
    I contacted them that being UPC to no avail. Also a thread in "talk to UPC".
    We are not only ones with issue it seems..

Please open a new thread in UPC. .the more that do it. .maybe they will see they have a issue with there DNS servers. .

Mine still not working. .just checked. But its fine if I try when disconnected from wifi and on 4g...
    Its a UPC issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

I thought it was an issue with the bank, whom I am actually still waiting on reply from 3 days ago.
    Hi Candythespy,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you have not yet received a reply from us. Can we ask are you waiting on a call back from a representative or did you submit a query via the Online Service Desk on Banking 365 Online?

Thanks,

Sharon

Hi Candythespy,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you have not yet received a reply from us. Can we ask are you waiting on a call back from a representative or did you submit a query via the Online Service Desk on Banking 365 Online?

Thanks,

Sharon
    Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your reply.

I sent in a query through the contact page on BOI website.  It wasn't an in depth one as I only asked was the online facility down, however,
    I wasn't too impressed with the reply I received:

Good Morning Ms Barry,

Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland.
     We have not had any reported issues affecting the 365 Online portal. Please ensure that the web address is correct and your internet connection is working fully.
    Regards,

Ronan 
    Contact Us Unit

There is nothing wrong with the internet and I use the same method of logging into 365online that I have always used.  Sharon are you or maybe anyone able to let us know when this issue will be resolved?

What area are you in ( im in co meath) and what router have you? Mine is a Thompson (white in colour).
    I also originally thought it was BOI hense this thread. But its not as it works on my 4g or in work.
    I contacted them that being UPC to no avail.  Also a thread in "talk to UPC".
    We are not only ones with issue it seems..

Please open a new thread in UPC. .the more that do it. .maybe they will see they have a issue with there DNS servers. .

Mine still not working. .just checked. But its fine if I try when disconnected from wifi and on 4g...
    Its a UPC issue.
    Hi Dimma,

I am in North Dublin.  It's just a standard black UPC modem.

Contacting UPC for anything is a nightmare they're brutal, it must be a UPC issue so if you are able to log on elsewhere.

Hi.
    Indeed its a UPC issue. Its still the same...I can get on no worries thru the app but if I try online on pc it won't connect. .
    Walk out the door..connect via 4g on phone to Internet no problems.no issues on pc if I try in work. ...
    Its either my modem but unlikely so must be a UPC server issue.
    Can you log on via Internet or still same .....

Hi.
    Indeed its a UPC issue. Its still the same...I can get on no worries thru the app but if I try online on pc it won't connect. .
    Walk out the door..connect via 4g on phone to Internet no problems.no issues on pc if I try in work. ...
    Its either my modem but unlikely so must be a UPC server issue.
    Can you log on via Internet or still same .....

• Advertisement

Down again for me since yesterday at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Earthlight,

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties again logging in online. However we can confirm that 365 Online is operating normally.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Earthlight,

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties again logging in online. However we can confirm that 365 Online is operating normally.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Yes, I think we've clarified at this stage that the issue is not at your end. The question is whether the Bank is liaising with UPC to find out what is the cause of this issue and what they propose to stop it re-occurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wan

I'm the same. Living in Blanchardstown. Whenever tried 4G dongle via vodafone, it worked. But not via UPC.

Called them today. Told everything is fine.

I agree with Earthlight, BOI need to sort this out with UPC ASAP.

Don't think its a BOI issue as works no worries if u don't use UPC ...in other words works via VPN,4G etc...but if on UPC modem hard wired or wireless. ..nope......

Its an UPC ISSUE. .main reason I am not up the walls on it is everything else works on UPC. ..just BOI365 not working and I can access it via VPN at home or 4g on my phone if not connected to the wifi at home.

Its to.do with there DNS servers I bet....
    I live in hope they will fix it soon.

Away for a few weeks, issue is unchanged on my return. I repeat my question to Bank of Ireland, is the Bank actively liaising with UPC to find out what is the cause of this issue and what do they propose to stop it re-occurring ? Or are quite quite happy that it's not working for all of us with the largest ISP in the country ?

Mine is still the same..its the only website that doesn't work. .."
    Establishing secure connection" and times out. Yet works via VPN. ..so yes UPC issue. ..
    It's gotta be a server issue.i have done the whole modem reboot etc but its not it..can a modem block a site and just one site? All other bank sites work and https sites are fine..
    UPC can u sort ur connection on line issues to BOI365.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Earthlight wrote: »
    Away for a few weeks, issue is unchanged on my return. I repeat my question to Bank of Ireland, is the Bank actively liaising with UPC to find out what is the cause of this issue and what do they propose to stop it re-occurring ? Or are quite quite happy that it's not working for all of us with the largest ISP in the country ?
    Hi Earthlight,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear that you are having difficulty logging in online, however we can confirm that 365 Online Website is operating as normal.

We have passed this to our support team and will get back to you if we have any further update on this.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

Thanks Tara,
    I know its not a BOI issue, It is a UPC issue in that for some reason their servers wont load your website as in 365online....apps work fine.
    so these posts should be directed at UPC to be honest, :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

Thanks Tara,
    I know its not a BOI issue, It is a UPC issue in that for some reason their servers wont load your website as in 365online....apps work fine.
    so these posts should be directed at UPC to be honest, :-)

Advertisement