Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrows

Options
  • 17-08-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

I have been over the last 5 months tinting my eyebrows as they are so blonde but I think I have become allergic to the tint :( as my brows are so itchy since I had it done :(

I was considering buying the Benefit Brow Zing to use instead, would that work as good as if I had them tinted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I also have blonde brows and had them tinted a light brown a few months back.
    But with money being a bit tight, I couldn't really afford to carry on getting them tinted, so I bought a light-brown eyebrow pencil and decided to do it myself.

It's super easy; just lightly stroke your brows with the brush, being careful not to draw heavily, and it should look natural but defined with a little colour.
    I don't know what Benefit Brow Zing is, but if it's a pencil, go ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Tinting is a pain, it's expensive and there's about 5 minutes where it actually looks good- it's too mad looking at first, then it settles down but it fades so quickly after!

You could get brow-zings but you could also invest in an angled brow brush and a cool brown shadow. Personally I prefer shadows/ powder to pencils.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Get the Sleek brow kit! It's about a third of the cost of Brow Zings and IMO, better quality. it's very easy to build colour with.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I use an angled brush for eyeliner and Maybelline Permanent Taupe cream eyeshadow

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y1SLEypZx9g/T3Gq7rQu8qI/AAAAAAAANpw/DcLf-FWjUIo/s1600/Maybelline+Color+Tattoo+24hr+Eyeshadow+Permanent+Taupe+Review+010.jpg

It's subtle for me, and I find it doesn't shift as it's the 24 Hour shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

This post has been deleted.

Where do you buy NYX products?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

fussyonion wrote: »
    Where do you buy NYX products?

Sam MacCauley chemists stock NYX.

I find the Wet and Wild brow kit pretty good too- and I used to only use Browzings (back when I had more money!) but there are so many other cheaper alternatives that are just as good.

An angled brush with an ashy matte eyeshadow is great too. I bloody hate eyebrow pencils, and I hate the look of tinted brows unless they're really well done- most don't define the brows at all and just colour in the general brow area- looks much nicer if you fill them in yourself I think.

Advertisement