Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone or app updates/notifications for account activity?

Options
  • 17-08-2015 5:08pm

Howdy BOI,

Quick question, is there an app or service you can sign up to where you can get notifitcations delivered to your phone/email when there's activity on your account (ie; money put in, DD taken out, bank fees, etc)?

I don't check my bank that often so I never know when Im gonna be hit with fees, and when I'm waiting to see when a payment will go in, it'd be a lot handier to just have a notification in my email to tell me "there's been activity on your account" so I know to check and see what it is (instead of randomly checking the whole time out of curiousity/boredom :P).

Does any such thing exist?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

KKV wrote: »
    Howdy BOI,

Quick question, is there an app or service you can sign up to where you can get notifitcations delivered to your phone/email when there's activity on your account (ie; money put in, DD taken out, bank fees, etc)?

I don't check my bank that often so I never know when Im gonna be hit with fees, and when I'm waiting to see when a payment will go in, it'd be a lot handier to just have a notification in my email to tell me "there's been activity on your account" so I know to check and see what it is (instead of randomly checking the whole time out of curiousity/boredom :P).

Does any such thing exist?

Cheers
    Hi KKV,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

At the moment we do not provide a notification service. However, we do have a mobile banking app, there are a number of services available through the app including access to your balance and transactions to help keep track of your account.

You can get more information about our mobile banking app here.

I will certainly pass on your comments to our Mobile Team for any future developments, please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Rather than implementing weird security measures with the only objective of making the account/card's holder frustrated, you should consider implementing SMS notifications on account activity.

It's a standard feature offered by a lot of banks in Europe and worldwide, I was shocked to see 365 online doesn't offer that. You get informed as soon as there is a withdrawal or a payment, what's better than that to avoid fraudulent activity? Surely not checking every once in a while your balance from your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Rather than implementing weird security measures with the only objective of making the account/card's holder frustrated, you should consider implementing SMS notifications on account activity.

It's a standard feature offered by a lot of banks in Europe and worldwide, I was shocked to see 365 online doesn't offer that. You get informed as soon as there is a withdrawal or a payment, what's better than that to avoid fraudulent activity? Surely not checking every once in a while your balance from your phone.
    Hi JackHeuston,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

While we do not have a notification service at the moment, we do have mobile and tablet banking apps which enable customers to access account information such as balance and transaction history 24/7. 

We do appreciate customer feedback and we will certainly pass your comments to our Development Team.

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement