Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing a week?

Options
  • 17-08-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello, today me and my brother have been accepted into DIT.

My family wants to go on a cruise around Christmas for a week, but sadly they don't have any starting dates that hit the 2 week Christmas break or don't come into conjunction with exams.(week 13 and 14, as I understand.)

Would there be any major difficulties with missing a week after the exams? Aside from missing a week worth of stuff.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

A week after the Christmas exams would be holidays, surely? The thing with DIT at the moment is that exams are usually split before and after Christmas depending on your course, so some are in December and some the 2nd week or so of January. As long as you are not missing the exam period, there shouldn't be any issues. Usually if you know you are going to miss the likes of classes, it's important to let your year tutor and lecturers know so you can be kept updated with information and any impending assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

J_E wrote: »
    A week after the Christmas exams would be holidays, surely? The thing with DIT at the moment is that exams are usually split before and after Christmas depending on your course, so some are in December and some the 2nd week or so of January. As long as you are not missing the exam period, there shouldn't be any issues. Usually if you know you are going to miss the likes of classes, it's important to let your year tutor and lecturers know so you can be kept updated with information and any impending assignments.

Thanks for replying, I emailed them to get the exact exam dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

J_E wrote: »

Hello, thanks for answering.

The latest date we could go is the 31st of January. Is it possible that any of the exams would go on to this date?

Yes, I have looked at it before. It shouldn't present any problem to go on the 31st of Jan, according to the calendar. However, I want to make sure that no exams will overlap with that date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

The exams won't go on until 31st January. Most are back in lectures by then.

sebcity wrote: »
    The exams won't go on until 31st January. Most are back in lectures by then.

Thanks for replying!

Just one little thing. Are you saying there's no chance of the 31st being an exam day? Or are you saying that there's a little bit of chance?

Because if the latter is true, it would suck for that to happen. Can't miss exams, wouldn't have to abandon the tickets that aren't refundable at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

There will be no exams - according to the calendar that's scheduled as the first week of the second semester.

Advertisement