Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 17-8-2015

• 17-08-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

e52df1a4a9bbe8c4749a93bb568685f4_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

The last time The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar were in the same building together, all hell broke loose as these heated rivals tore each other and the locker room area apart in a wild fistfight. Now, The Beast Incarnate and The Deadman are scheduled to appear on Raw, six nights before their WrestleMania 30 rematch at SummerSlam. Will WWE officials be able to maintain order as two of WWE’s most dangerous competitors meet under the same roof?

1. Will The Phenom and The Beast brawl before SummerSlam?

2. Should Orton watch his back on Monday?

3. Will Cena meet Rollins face-to-face on Raw?

4. How will Lana get payback against Rusev and Summer Rae?

5. Which Diva trio will stand tall before SummerSlam?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So it's in Brock's hometown.

Are we going to see the insane sight of boos for Taker? Surely not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there any "contract signing"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

first time I am staying up for this in years tonight. Hope its a good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Was up at 3:30 a.m this morning in a different time zone. I wonder will I manage to stay awake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Was wondering the same thing. Seems like something they would do. 2 men who can't stand each other sitting and signing a contract.

With the whole thing with Lana, wouldn't it be great if men could fight women then see how brave she is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes, they like to do up the whole ring for them to reck the place. Animals. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was wondering the same thing. Seems like something they would do. 2 men who can't stand each other sitting and signing a contract.

With the whole thing with Lana, wouldn't it be great if men could fight women then see how brave she is.

Tbh Hot Summer gave Lana a painful looking camel clutch last week.
    I think Rusev & Ziggler would have good matches but I just want that feud to die already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You'll never guess

CMpddlzWsAA4pUU.jpg

I actually hope John Cena wins on Sunday. He's been better in 2015 than he has been in years.

yes but that is number 16 putting him level with ric flair. gonna happen sooner or later although i agree that cena has been great this year. Also hope Seamus keeps the briefcase for a while but with a european tour upcoming in november he might want to have the title when he comes to dublin.

• Advertisement

Oh good a 20 minute Authority promo to open the show.

How I missed these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Oh good a 20 minute Authority promo to open the show.

How I missed these.

It's not even a promo, it's an ad.

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's not even a promo, it's an ad.

Lol true that. Still though champ vs champ on Sunday and tonight as well.

what was cesaro at there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus a botch fest near the end of that match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"I believe you have to have courage in life to be brave."

Lana went from great to garbage in record time.

I'm finding it hilarious that the babyfaces are standing tall in EVERY segment on the go home show.

That's not how you build a PPV Vince....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

J. Marston wrote: »
    "I believe you have to have courage in life to be brave."

Lana went from great to garbage in record time.

Jesus, I don't think that even makes sense.

haha botch from cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

lycan238 wrote: »
    haha botch from cena.

What was the botch. I missed that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Bad finish for a show leading up to a PPV, with all the promos they have done for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lana has been destroyed; just incredible really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pretty much a 3 hour 20 minute advert for Summerslam. Absolutely nothing in terms of story progression. I know most go-home shows are there to hype the PPV, but there was nothing tonight to convince you to buy the show if you weren't already going to.

Cena debuting the "15x" shirt right before a title match feels like the type of thing that if he loses on Sunday, we'll all point to it and go "We should have known". Otherwise, it is extremely horrible of them to be selling t-shirts that will be out of date within a week and/or need replacing. Adding in the Flair bit at least throws some doubt into the mix, but I reckon it all forecasts some screwy ending with HHH making sure Cena doesn't break the record...yet.

Just finished the Sasha Banks vs. Nikki Bella match. Great to see Sasha beat Nikki decisively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I was thinking the same thing about the 15x on the back of his shirt but cena handelled it really well in the promo.
    I know he got tripped up over his words a few times but Cena knocked it out of the park with that promo - he has been brilliant recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

lycan238 wrote: »
    what was cesaro at there?

Owens reacted well to cover for him IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

They've definitely made Taker a heel though - a low blow to the hometown hero after a rousing singalong. I've heard it said he's above face/heel, but there's a difference between being a badass and being a guy who kicks a guy in the dick twice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Deadlie wrote: »
    They've definitely made Taker a heel though - a low blow to the hometown hero after a rousing singalong. I've heard it said he's above face/heel, but there's a difference between being a badass and being a guy who kicks a guy in the dick twice

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Paul Heyman - The man can do no wrong at this point, also Lana gave it away that Dolph was back, the way she looked over Rusev's shoulder with a silly smile on her face, god lord WWE Creative have RUINED her.

Cena's bit about Rollins' being Triple H's bitch i chuckled briefly, could clearly see the wheels turning in Hunter's head while Cena was speaking, Dusty finish in the title for title on Sunday..

• Advertisement

What was the botch. I missed that

He mixed up his words in his promo (I know its not that big of a botch but for a guy of his experience should not happen). I agree with what was said on here after I went offline about cena hitting it out of the park. I hope Cena's shirt is not out of date yet but clearly the way the promo was worded puts doubt in peoples minds about a clean result on Sunday.

Advertisement