Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cancel an offer again after accepting it?

Options
  • 17-08-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I got an offer for a course two weeks ago through CAO and accepted it. However, I've been doing so much thinking with weighing up the pros and cons since, that I still haven't come to a conclusive decision that the course is right for me at this point in time.
    Basically my biggest concern is that I am responsible for paying all the tuition fees myself as I already have a third level degree and don't qualify for any grants or allowances. Although I can afford the fees, I just don't know if it is too much of a big risk to take.
    So I'm just wondering right now, after accepting a CAO offer, am I already legally obliged to pay the fees or can I still back out without having to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

As far I remember from 2 years ago, you do not have to pay any fees at all. Just let the college know by email or call that you wont be attending. The only money you lose is the CAO application fee which you have already paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

You're only liable for fees once you are in attendance AFTER the 31/10. Then you are liable for HALF Fees for first year.

If you attend after Jan 31st you are liable for FULL Fees for first year.

Let the college know straight way that you are not taking the place so that they can offer it out to another student.

Advertisement