Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Jordan's pub Ballina

Options
  • 17-08-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Visited there last weekend and completely shocked to see it had closed down.

I had actually made a detour to the town to sample again what was one of the best Indian curries in Ireland in my opinion.

Does anyone know where the chef has gone (I believe he was Indian)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Yes, too bad.

Great establishment over the years.

Hope it can re-open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

It's back in the Jordan family and will reopen .

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Chelon

It's back in the Jordan family and will reopen .

Good news - with same chef? If not then where did he go?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Chelon wrote: »
    Good news - with same chef? If not then where did he go?

No idea, but there are two very good Indian restaurants in the town, Everest and Bisini. Both are located quite close to Dunnes if you know the town well. Very good food and friendly service in Bisini. I've only had a takeaway from Everest but it was fantastic.

aunt aggie wrote: »
    No idea, but there are two very good Indian restaurants in the town, Everest and Bisini. Both are located quite close to Dunnes if you know the town well. Very good food and friendly service in Bisini. I've only had a takeaway from Everest but it was fantastic.

How does the food in these places compare to Jordan's curries? I'd be amazed and delighted if they're anywhere close in terms of quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Alqua

Chelon wrote: »
    How does the food in these places compare to Jordan's curries? I'd be amazed and delighted if they're anywhere close in terms of quality.

Can't say for sure as I've never tried Jordans' curries - but the food in Everest is fantastic IMO. Consistently tasty, great service and very reasonably priced as well. Would highly recommend it if you're looking for a new curry haunt.

Alqua wrote: »
    Can't say for sure as I've never tried Jordans' curries - but the food in Everest is fantastic IMO. Consistently tasty, great service and very reasonably priced as well. Would highly recommend it if you're looking for a new curry haunt.

Lovely will try it when back up there ina few weeks and report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rexton05

Hi,
    It is my understanding that the chef re above is now running Bisini restaurant on lower Pearse St. opposite Dunnes Stores for the past few years. He had left Jordan's long before its closure. Have had food from there several times and it was very good.

Funnily enough was up there last week and tried Bisini. It was good, didn't have time to try Everest but have to next time and compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

You wont be disappointed I promise you. I have had plenty of indian food when on visits to my cousins in Birmingham and they pride themselves on their curry houses as they call them over there. Like everything there are some excellent but some not so good.
    The Everest is one of the best indian restaurants. I am a Dub living in Ballina and we have some good indian restaurants where I originally come from but to me nothing compares to this one.
    The food is consistently good and that to me is the real hallmark of a good restaurant. Whether you eat in or get a takeaway the quality is excellent.
    Just to say if you are thinking of having a meal on a weekend especially Saturday you will need to ring and book a table as its quite busy on Saturday evenings.

• Advertisement

Mamy thanks will definitely try it next time, it sounds fantastic. The guy in Bisini was saying Everest does Nepalese dishes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

The Nepalese Garlic Chilly Chicken is my favourite dish in the Everest

Advertisement