Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty bloggers on snapchat

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Nicola20

I genuinely adore jameskava, he is absolutely hilarious! Never fails to put a smile on my face. Any more like him?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nicola20 wrote: »
    I genuinely adore jameskava, he is absolutely hilarious! Never fails to put a smile on my face. Any more like him?

Is it wrong that I have a crush on him?!

Ahaha. He is good looking in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

jamespatrice - I just added him today, and found him very funny :D

Thanks! Actually someone mentioned above that they were disappointed by the lack of beauty tips from beauty bloggers - I've been following Marissa Carter for ages and she's great, talks loads about products she likes and how to use them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    jamespatrice - I just added him today, and found him very funny :D

HEYA FRON! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Thanks! Actually someone mentioned above that they were disappointed by the lack of beauty tips from beauty bloggers - I've been following Marissa Carter for ages and she's great, talks loads about products she likes and how to use them.

Yeh I love Marissa Carter. Loved her pancakes this morning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

And then I find myself worrying when they post up things that I'd worry about if a friend posted them. Shows how I think I know them when I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jmll57

While I don't agree with people being abused online or in forums, I really don't think there is a place for people to actually speak their minds without being told you're a "hater" or "you're just jealous" that's ridiculous, it seems like unless you show undying love and adoration for these girls they just can't take it, no negative commenting or questions about lip jobs, boob jobs, or photoshopping yourself to death allowed, Otherwise you will be blocked from their pages...I hate this. I recently commented on a girls blogpost on Instagram about another blogger and that girl actually saw it as she was creeping on the other ones page, searched under her list of followers and blocked me...I actually laughed, how unbelievably petty of her. (No.1 blogger my bum)

This recent craze of bloggers suffering from anxiety really grinds my gears too. I suffer from anxiety, and lately at least 6 bloggers have come out saying they do too.. one after another. This is infuriating, if you suffer from anxiety and take a couple of hours off snapchat because you are down or had a panic attack and the 5 hours later you're posting selfies and babbling away as usual you don't have anxiety, I personally can't get out of the bed, I can't even look in the mirror or manage to wash or dress myself, I cry for days and that's what most people do.. We don't post selfies and inspirational quotes. This bandwagon stuff is really irritating and I don't think it's fair that they are allowed to belittle an illness they do not suffer from. Really like, someone who's just had a panic attack is not going to jump on snapchat, Instagram and Facebook to tell everyone what's just happened, that is pure attention seeking and I'm fed up with it.

They are just as bad and as bitchy as the average girl as that's exactly what they are.. average girls, the sooner they stop thinking they are celebrities the better. I've been following most if not all of the bloggers, journalists, magazine editors and general chit chatters for a while now. I find I like different aspects of each of them, bar two (yet I still follow, don't ask me why, I think I must enjoy pain).

No naming names but most of you will know who I'm speaking of, I do not think posting pictures of yourself in your underwear to show how much weight you've lost is at all, is In anyway a good idea when 60% of your following is under 18, I'm in my 30's and I just find it attention seeking and embarrasing. I also don't know why you would need to take your top off while showing off your new jeans. Monthly progress pictures I understand, daily? No thanks.

The one I most dislike I won't go in to because I would be booted out of here in a second with the things I would like to say (I will probably be booted anyway) let's just say she's supposedly the 1st blogger, impossible as I've been following a lot of girls who are qualified in all things beauty and fashion long before she came along. Actually qualified with amazing personal style and not River islands new season sent directly to her door) also never shows what she has been sent and never reviews, just plugs the big brands that have paid her to do so.

Oh and all that hippenings stuff... The girl who launched that website is such a lovely girl, she used to write a blog about 8 years ago that was brilliant and I think fair play to her, she works hard and I think she deserves all of the success to come.

People I like watching on snapchat -

Lovelygirlybits, sharonleavy, rosemarymaccabe, Jameskava, roisinanna9, Aislingmkennan, Cunninghamlaura, daintydiaries Hollywooddublin, itscherrysue, jamespatrice, jenniferdevitt, Lorrainehaigney, pippa.oconnor, paddysmyth, waxpertsellen, laurasviews, Cartermarissa

People I no longer follow -
    Sosueme_ie
    Makeupfairypro
    Rosieconxx
    Facesbygrace23

I'm sure a lot of you like the girls named above, I just can't watch them anymore or follow them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CarlyKeegan

My GOD have you nothing better to do?? I have literally just joined boards to comment on this disgusting thread. All this 'What was once an app' crap.. Is anyone forcing you to add these bloggers to your list of friends? I don't think so. If you don't like them, don't follow them; it's a very simple equation. All of these bloggers put so much hard work into their YouTube/snapchat/Facebook and I think it's absolutely disgraceful that people can come here on this site and rant about much they hate their snapchat stories.. I mean come on: go read a book or be outside with the humans instead of home alone huddled up at your computer with nothing else to do. We should be proud of these successful bloggers and what they have achieved, I know I am!! Once again no one is forcing you or anyone on this thread to follow any bloggers of any description so if you want I can link you a video of a snapchat tutorial so that way you can remove them from your friends without having to think too much. Now if you'll excuse me.. I'm going to catch up on all my snap chat stories!!
    anna080 wrote: »
    So what was once just an app for me to send ugly pictures of myself to my friends has now been taken over by loads of beauty bloggers. Why do you think this is? Just another platform for them to get exposure from? I've been following a few but to be honest it's just videos of them with one product placement after another; more of the same, just a different format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

^ so, which blogger are you then? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Haha, Jesus. I enjoy some bloggers face books/snapchats but I'd hardly describe taking a 10 second video of their breakfast as "hard work".

• Registered Users Posts: 2 molumby19

Just want to say a couple of words to whoever started this frenzie of cutting at the fashion and beauty bl

I'm neither a beauty nor blogger nor beauty blogger Feel free to add me on snapchat carls_k to enjoy my rare snapchat stories of me working in Tesco til I start back at college!
    ^ so, which blogger are you then? :P

I'm finding myself very very confused by the reaction to this thread. I understand when comments get bitchy and nasty that's not right and people shouldn't do that. I haven't really posted in here much but what makes people such arseholes for discussing what/who they like and dislike on Snapchat? I agree that if you don't enjoy someone's snaps you should unfollow them, I've said that already but I don't see why people aren't allowed to then discuss what they may not enjoy about it. Again nasty comments aside, I really don't see how having an opinion about it makes people bitches or keyboard warriors or whatever other unpleasant terms people are using. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Leah xo

I love having all the beauty bloggers on snapchat i find them so interesting and a lot of them eating healthy has made me turn that way don't see why theres hate but everyone's aloud there opinion my snapchat would be SOO boring without them :)

Also what's with the influx of brand new posters all in the last few minutes??

Because there are a lot more people who appreciate what they do, than those who are on here, in a nutshell! :)

If you don't like don't follow there's no need to talk another them in such a negative way
    Also what's with the influx of brand new posters all in the last few minutes??

Annnnd unfollow, excuse me while I put a hair mask in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 molumby19

I think everyone needs to stop posting negativity about certain bloggers. They are clearly passionate about their work so why are people trying to bring them down. Just unfollow them it's not that hard to do. Personally I love being given an insight into their individuality and tips that they would like to share and tbh I do trust their opinions seeing as they are professionals. I think they bring positive vibes across the Internet and don't abuse the Internet in any shape or form. These people are people and they should be respected. Personally faces by grace is one inspirational woman..I heard about her transformation on Instagram with slimming world and I was taken away by her hardwork and motivation. She is one of us and took it upon herself too get healthy in the most positive way by showing us yummy receipes and great workouts on snapchat. Its disappointing to see that people think they have a right to discourage a blogger. Bloggers don't change I love yere individuality and advice. Not only are yE beautiful people physically ye have beautiful hearts and I love your positivity you give out to the world! Thank you for being there and motivating us irish women to get up and go!<3

• Advertisement

It's not a negative way though. It's merely stating some people aren't all that interesting. There's no need for people to be bitchy but not everybody finds other peoples breakfasts/kids/bodies interesting. It smacks of self importance to think other people want to know what you look like in your underwear. Really, not everyone is enthralled as they seem to assume

So you're only allowed to have an opinion on beauty bloggers if it's a good one. Message received loud and clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My GOD have you nothing better to do?? I have literally just joined boards to comment on this disgusting thread. All this 'What was once an app' crap.. Is anyone forcing you to add these bloggers to your list of friends? I don't think so. If you don't like them, don't follow them; it's a very simple equation. All of these bloggers put so much hard work into their YouTube/snapchat/Facebook and I think it's absolutely disgraceful that people can come here on this site and rant about much they hate their snapchat stories.. I mean come on: go read a book or be outside with the humans instead of home alone huddled up at your computer with nothing else to do. We should be proud of these successful bloggers and what they have achieved, I know I am!! Once again no one is forcing you or anyone on this thread to follow any bloggers of any description so if you want I can link you a video of a snapchat tutorial so that way you can remove them from your friends without having to think too much. Now if you'll excuse me.. I'm going to catch up on all my snap chat stories!!

Oh for gods sake chill out. In case you havent realised this is a discussion boards, for you know, discussing things. It's alright for people here to discuss and debate the current migrant crisis going on or any kind of political upheaval, but God forbid anyone say they disagree with a particularly slant of a beauty blogger, Jesus that really gets the backs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jesus this thread is just incredible. I've closed it and I'll be closing any other threads about bloggers in the future. They always go the same bitchy way. Find somewhere else to post about them. This forum is not like that, or it shouldn't be.

Jmll57 infracted for ignoring a mod instruction not to be bitchy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement