Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland Hurling Final 2015 - Kilkenny v. Galway@15:30 Croke Park MOD NOTE POST #1

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Whenever I watch a match I always do my own scorecard and, although I don't have it in front of me, I seem to remember marking him down as getting one from play, though I can check when I get home.

Ah threeball, you're changing your tune with every post to try and retract from each previous statement you made. On the one hand, what you have suggested in some places holds water. I think any sensible Kilkenny fan would understand that it would have meant more to Galway to win yesterday. A first in 27 years would have been very special. But then you start going on about how it means so very little to Kilkenny fans to have won which is utter nonsense and betrays a lack of understanding of sport in general. It meant and means a great deal to Kilkenny people and your constant waffle about it meaning next to nothing just comes across as sour. That said, there is something called rivalry which gives an extra sweetness to victories. Last year was felt just that little bit stronger because it was Tipp that we beat. It'd be the same against Cork or Waterford. No disrespect to Galway, but no genuine Kilkenny person would have begrudged them had they won, whereas many would begrudge Tipp, Cork or Waterford just as they would begrudge us. So there wasn't quite that same edge. But go to Kilkenny and you'll see black and amber everywhere, and not just in September. Kilkenny people are intensely proud of their our and so to say it means so very little is just a piffy statement I'm afraid.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This was the last all ireland final to be played in September as of 2016 the final will be the last weekend in August

Unless there is a replay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Kilkenny homecoming had a streaker.

https://twitter.com/SeanKeaneKPnews/status/640946922602242048

RobertKK wrote: »

Male or female?

Rewatching the match now. Can see why Michael Fennelly won MoM to be honest. Lazy comment from Michael Duignan to say that Colin Fennelly wasn't in the match though. He contributed with two from play and was constantly busy making the Galway defence work off the ball so he certainly was in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭blackcard

Very Bored wrote: »
    Male or female?

Rewatching the match now. Can see why Michael Fennelly won MoM to be honest. Lazy comment from Michael Duignan to say that Colin Fennelly wasn't in the match though. He contributed with two from play and was constantly busy making the Galway defence work off the ball so he certainly was in the game.

Colin Fennelly is one of my favourite players, doesn't have the greatest touch or the sweetest strike but is one of the hardest working players there is. Also his reaction after the clothesline tackle. Could have stayed down in an attempt to influence the colour of the card to Coen but got up and got on with the game. An example to all GAA players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Male or female?

To be honest, for the ball going into him I thought he should have been subbed. Richie Hogan was obviously injured but Walter Walsh having started badly was contributing far more I thought at that stage. Aylward had two points and Fennelly had none when he was taken off. Faith repaid though, he was left on and got two in the end.

Think for the amount of ball Galway let bounce in their square, there probably should have been more Kilkenny goals. Amazing how dominant they were in the end though, considering Richie Hogan who was the best player in the Country until yesterday was struggling with injury.

Anyone who thinks Kilkenny fans don't care about winning the All Ireland anymore ought to tune into the RTÉ news right now as there will be coverage of the homecoming and the crowd at Nowlan Park may help to change their opinion.

Anyone who thinks Kilkenny fans don't care about winning the All Ireland anymore ought to tune into the RTÉ news right now as there will be coverage of the homecoming and the crowd at Nowlan Park may help to change their opinion.

I remember Kilkenny back in 2010 were as devastated as a team that had missed out on their one and only chance to win an all ireland. Actually i dont think i remember ever seen a team as crushed.

Many of them had 5 or 6 medals (even 7 in Henry's case) at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

I remember Kilkenny back in 2010 were as devastated as a team that had missed out on their one and only chance to win an all ireland. Actually i dont think i remember ever seen a team as crushed.

Many of them had 5 or 6 medals (even 7 in Henry's case) at that stage.

Well said sir ..... I remember sitting in the rain in the Davin .... Lar tucking away his third .... lonely place in an 82000 Seater stadium at that stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No worse feeling then losing AI final.

I'm not sure why but its horrible feeling. Never watched any finals Cork have lost last 20 years still feel the pain of few of them. Lucky to have been in Croker when they have won few too (2 football, 3 Hurling), but seen Cork lose few too. I'm not gonna count those ;).

I think mixture that it's end of summer, the evenings get shorter, but its a very lonely place in September evening on beaten side.

Even 2006 when going for 3 in a row its as disappointing as any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

The drive back home is the worst.
    Everyone grumpy as fcuk and short tempered.

josip wrote: »
    The drive back home is the worst.
    Everyone grumpy as fcuk and short tempered.

Oh the post mortem begins very early in the car with myself and the gang on the way home. Literally the engine hasnt started. Its like Bill, John, Eamon and Liam if they were to analyse a Tipp game on the car journey home. :D

No worse feeling then losing AI final.

I'm not sure why but its horrible feeling. Never watched any finals Cork have lost last 20 years still feel the pain of few of them. Lucky to have been in Croker when they have won few too (2 football, 3 Hurling), but seen Cork lose few too. I'm not gonna count those ;).

I think mixture that it's end of summer, the evenings get shorter, but its a very lonely place in September evening on beaten side.

Even 2006 when going for 3 in a row its as disappointing as any.

I said to a friend of mine only last week that hurling is the like the greatest summer romance you've ever had with the beautiful sophisticated woman youve ever seen whereas soccer is like the odd leg over with the town bike to get you over the winter months until hurling comes back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,675 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It doesn't change my opinion of those Kilkenny 'fans' who left before the end of the match on Sunday.

I don't get how any 'fan' leaves before the final whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Polster

Whenever I watch a match I always do my own scorecard and, although I don't have it in front of me, I seem to remember marking him down as getting one from play, though I can check when I get home.

Cheers, sounds like you'll have the right answer then.

It doesn't change my opinion of those Kilkenny 'fans' who left before the end of the match on Sunday.

Neither do I, I'd be one who would stay whether we were winning or getting a hiding, but to say the win means nothing to the people of Kilkenny is stupid.
    Polster wrote: »
    Cheers, sounds like you'll have the right answer then.

Just checked my scorecard, all TJ's points came from frees. He did hit a couple of wides, one from play which required Hawk-Eye and was incredibly close to going over so maybe that's caused the confusion.

Neither do I, I'd be one who would stay whether we were winning or getting a hiding, but to say the win means nothing to the people of Kilkenny is stupid.

I agree.

I can only assume people think there's a heightened level of expectation in Kilkenny that the joy of winning isn't quite as unbridled as it would have been for Galway. But I don't think it means nothing. As someone said, when you're used to winning, losing can be a big comedown.

A lot of people assumed the loss of Shefflin, Delaney etc would mean a much weakened team but I argued that it meant the inclusion of players hungry to achieve the number of AI medals as the players they were coming in for.

Listening to TJ Reid and Eoin Larkin after the match, I think was genuinely when I appreciated how much it means to the players. TJ was a like a young fleh on Christmas morning.

As for losing an AI final being the worst feeling...I think the 31-point trimming we got in '05 arguably felt worse than '95 (or '00)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I hear that the Minor Ref lost his Mother on Saturday, the day before the game.

Fair play to him. Cannot have been easy at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Agree with you on any fan leaving before a game but singling out KK fans in the crowd for leaving before the end is not right really. Every game in every county has people leaving even when the scores are level or the game it tight. Beating the traffic is such a strange mentality since you could beat it completely by not going in the first place!

Every single sporting final in the world has people leaving early. Case in point the SuperBowl last year. Given the price of the tickets for that game and the entertainment that goes on other than the game itself it doesn't compute to leave. Personally I don't know how people do it, maybe it's the delusion of hope.

Wimbago wrote: »
    Agree with you on any fan leaving before a game but singling out KK fans in the crowd for leaving before the end is not right really. Every game in every county has people leaving even when the scores are level or the game it tight. Beating the traffic is such a strange mentality since you could beat it completely by not going in the first place!

I'm not singling out Kilkenny fans as the only ones that do it. I merely meant in the context of this thread and the most recent match I've been at where the fans leaving early around me were from KK. I'm sure it happens in every ground.

Players train hard enough the year round. The least they deserve is the fans respect for that. Win, lose or draw.

Oh but you were singling Kilkenny out by trying to insinuate that it means nothing to us, regardless of the crowd for the homecoming, to win the All Ireland. Now you've altered your statement I can agree with you that it is something I don't like to see when supporters leave early, as another poster has said, if you want to beat the traffic that badly, don't go. A few years ago (for reasons too long to go into here, my soccer team is Inter) I was at an Inter v Milan match which we lost. Now bear in mind this was only in the November after the May we had won the treble and although it was only 1-0 it was obvious we were going to lose because we were playing terribly. All around me people started to get up and leave which infuriated me until I finally gave out to a couple of lads asking them had they stayed until the end to watch us beat Bayern in the CL final. They just looked blankly at me with stupid vacant expressions as the idea of them staying when the team was losing was beyond them. That's the difference between true supporters and fanboys. The supporter will stay till the end even if his team is getting hockeyed whilst the fanboy will go the second he isn't getting his own way. There are plenty of fanboys in Kilkenny and plenty of supporters too. Just as there were plenty fanboy Galwegians who were shouting and singing during the first half but who went home the minute it became clear that Kilkenny were going to win. Whilst plenty of real Galway supporters stayed on regardless. Now you can criticise the fanboy element in any group but every group has its share of true supporters too to whom winning means everything which is why statements like this All Ireland means nothing to Kilkenny don't hold dishwater.

Oh but you were singling Kilkenny out by trying to insinuate that it means nothing to us, regardless of the crowd for the homecoming, to win the All Ireland.

Now you've altered your statement I can agree with you that it is something I don't like to see when supporters leave early, as another poster has said, if you want to beat the traffic that badly, don't go. A few years ago (for reasons too long to go into here, my soccer team is Inter) I was at an Inter v Milan match which we lost. Now bear in mind this was only in the November after the May we had won the treble and although it was only 1-0 it was obvious we were going to lose because we were playing terribly. All around me people started to get up and leave which infuriated me until I finally gave out to a couple of lads asking them had they stayed until the end to watch us beat Bayern in the CL final. They just looked blankly at me with stupid vacant expressions as the idea of them staying when the team was losing was beyond them. That's the difference between true supporters and fanboys. The supporter will stay till the end even if his team is getting hockeyed whilst the fanboy will go the second he isn't getting his own way. There are plenty of fanboys in Kilkenny and plenty of supporters too. Just as there were plenty fanboy Galwegians who were shouting and singing during the first half but who went home the minute it became clear that Kilkenny were going to win. Whilst plenty of real Galway supporters stayed on regardless. Now you can criticise the fanboy element in any group but every group has its share of true supporters too to whom winning means everything which is why statements like this All Ireland means nothing to Kilkenny don't hold dishwater.[/QUOTE]

I'm not altering my statement because I never said they were any worse.

It was in the context of people questioning whether or not minds would be changed on what it means to KK fans to see the attendance in Nowlan Park last night. I don't have an axe to grind with Kilkenny fans.

The only fans I saw leaving early were KK fans. But on the Galway GAA thread I saw people say they saw Galway fans leave with 5 minutes to go, which is as bad. Possibly worse.

If you're saying you only saw Kilkenny fans leaving then you either had selective vision at the time or are being economical with the truth. Either way it does indeed point towards singling Kilkenny out. Anyway, this debate is now futile as, regardless of what anyone says you're convinced that there isn't a single person in Kilkenny who cares about the GAA, so you might as well hold onto your opinion and I might as well hold onto mine that you're deluded.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm not singling out Kilkenny fans as the only ones that do it..

Seemed to be singling them out pretty well there. Virtually no Galway fans left at the final whistle near us on Sunday.

If you're saying you only saw Kilkenny fans leaving then you either had selective vision at the time or are being economical with the truth. Either way it does indeed point towards singling Kilkenny out. Anyway, this debate is now futile as, regardless of what anyone says you're convinced that there isn't a single person in Kilkenny who cares about the GAA, so you might as well hold onto your opinion and I might as well hold onto mine that you're deluded.

I think you've missed what I said or your interpretation of what I have said has clouded everything else:
    I can only assume people think there's a heightened level of expectation in Kilkenny that the joy of winning isn't quite as unbridled as it would have been for Galway. But I don't think it means nothing. As someone said, when you're used to winning, losing can be a big comedown.

Where you got the contention that I think it means nothing to anyone in Kilkenny is beyond me.

I also said I was told that there were Galway fans leaving early which I said is probably worse than any Kilkenny fans leaving early.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Seemed to be singling them out pretty well there. Virtually no Galway fans left at the final whistle near us on Sunday.

It wasn't meant to read as singling them out. It was in direct response to quoted text.

As I've said, I've no axe to grind with Kilkenny fans so I wasn't intending to single them out.

Ok, but had you said I saw Kilkenny fans leave but obviously a lot of Galway fans left too as the stadium was quite empty during the lap of honour, then your comment wouldn't have appeared like you were singling out anyone. Saying you saw Kilkenny fans leave and what a disgrace it was does come across as singling out. And, as I suggested earlier, if that's all you saw you were either sitting in an area where there were only Kilkenny fans or you were simply just looking out for Kilkenny fans leaving. Yes you will have seen Kilkenny fans leave but you will also have seen Galway fans leaving as well. I would estimate every county has a core following of 5000 - 10000, league attendance figures would testify to that. But don't judge a county on All Ireland day by what there a lot of people who are following the team for the occasion but won't watch another match, not even on TV, until next August, maybe even September. Judge a county's following by who turns up to matches in freezing cold February and March when possibly even the first 15s aren't out.

Ok, but had you said I saw Kilkenny fans leave but obviously a lot of Galway fans left too as the stadium was quite empty during the lap of honour, then your comment wouldn't have appeared like you were singling out anyone. Saying you saw Kilkenny fans leave and what a disgrace it was does come across as singling out. And, as I suggested earlier, if that's all you saw you were either sitting in an area where there were only Kilkenny fans or you were simply just looking out for Kilkenny fans leaving. Yes you will have seen Kilkenny fans leave but you will also have seen Galway fans leaving as well. I would estimate every county has a core following of 5000 - 10000, league attendance figures would testify to that. But don't judge a county on All Ireland day by what there a lot of people who are following the team for the occasion but won't watch another match, not even on TV, until next August, maybe even September. Judge a county's following by who turns up to matches in freezing cold February and March when possibly even the first 15s aren't out.

Fair enough. And I did only notice it because it was pointed out to me. I don't really have an interest in watching who's still there around me or who's leaving.

And I don't judge a county's fans by the few. I would only question those people, whatever colours they are wearing, who show a lack of respect for their players.

The players are training hard and give their committment to their county the majority of the year. It's been a long time since we had much to celebrate but those players are giving their all. If they don't get our thanks, they get no thanks at all.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I agree with you on those points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I think you've missed what I said or your interpretation of what I have said has clouded everything else:

Where you got the contention that I think it means nothing to anyone in Kilkenny is beyond me.

I also said I was told that there were Galway fans leaving early which I said is probably worse than any Kilkenny fans leaving early.
    It wasn't meant to read as singling them out. It was in direct response to quoted text.

As I've said, I've no axe to grind with Kilkenny fans so I wasn't intending to single them out.

I was in Upper Hogan, seated alongside quite a number of Galway fans, and we stayed on until the sometime during the captains speech. Mind you, not a lot was being said... a cloud had descended :(

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I was in Upper Hogan, seated alongside quite a number of Galway fans, and we stayed on until the sometime during the captains speech. Mind you, not a lot was being said... a cloud had descended :(

Like I said, the few don't represent the many. I just don't get how any fan can justify it.

On another note, Brendan Lynskey came out with some awful negative comments about the homecoming in Pearse Stadium and the team's performance in the second half.

Like I said, the few don't represent the many. I just don't get how any fan can justify it.

On another note, Brendan Lynskey came out with some awful negative comments about the homecoming in Pearse Stadium and the team's performance in the second half.

Obviously someone has had a "word" with him, he has come out this morning to "clarify" his comments: http://www.balls.ie/gaa/brendan-lynskey-clarifies-comments-on-pearse-stadium-celebrations/307973

Obviously someone has had a "word" with him, he has come out this morning to "clarify" his comments: http://www.balls.ie/gaa/brendan-lynskey-clarifies-comments-on-pearse-stadium-celebrations/307973

His clarification on the homecoming isn't a clarification. It's saying something completely different.

I wonder if he thought the same after '85 and '86 as he thought about your chances next year:
    And will we be back nextyear? No. We won't. And that's the hard truth of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

What did he say? Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

People leave early because the cows have to be milked!
    If they stayed till after the cup, lap of honour, etc the poor yokes would have udders bigger than Kim Kardashian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

In regard to Kilkenny fans being the "worstest" fans ever, this just seems to be a new stick (for some fans) to beat Kilkenny with. Over the last few years we have had the snide comments about Kilkenny being dirty,cynical,playing on the edge etc. I have always thought this was a type of solace for bitter,jealous people who are looking for some sucker and relief from Kilkennys dominance. It was clearly false and i think these same people know this, they then took consolation in "tis an ageing team and when x,y and z are gone Kilkenny will be back in the pack, players have retired and Kilkenny are still competing. Now these people have decided to go after Kilkenny supporters, fairly pathetic from small-minded people, imo obviously.

• Advertisement

Spot on Buck, next year it'll be the fault of cockerel's in Kilkenny farmyards not crowing as loudly as cockerels elsewhere and our lads getting a better kip because of it.

josip wrote: »
    People leave early because the cows have to be milked!
    If they stayed till after the cup, lap of honour, etc the poor yokes would have udders bigger than Kim Kardashian.

At least theyd be real :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Fort Stranger

Ah yeah it is getting to be the norm now to know you are probably going to win the all Ireland every year, my friend bought me a ticket for Saturday's rugby match back in May and I was like "what the hell, that's the All Ireland weekend , I will have a hangover and won't be able to enjoy winning the All Ireland" - and I was right!

I took a lot of flak for saying pretty much what he did.

I also agree with him on the home coming.
    I kept that to myself as going by saying the second half was an embarrassment, it would likely have been the same people arguing against me who would reckon the team deserve a big reception on return.

Makes no sense to have one if you don't win and id question anyone in the set up if they wanted to be part of it... I do like the aspect of giving the kids an occasion but maybe that's something that can be done at a later date and a better time(getting into Salthill was a disaster last night).

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

I took a lot of flak for saying pretty much what he did.

I also agree with him on the home coming.
    I kept that to myself as going by saying the second half was an embarrassment, it would likely have been the same people arguing against me who would reckon the team deserve a big reception on return.

Makes no sense to have one if you don't win and id question anyone in the set up if they wanted to be part of it... I do like the aspect of giving the kids an occasion but maybe that's something that can be done at a later date and a better time(getting into Salthill was a disaster last night).

They were 3 points down with 8 mins to go...and canning missing a very soft free, while whelan should have popped it over the bar. Shortly after Walter Walsh took David Collins out of it with the ball breaking to Colin Fennelly to pop it over the bar. I know we got a last min consolation goal so as to only lose by 4, but we had 12 wides to kk 5. The game was still there to be won up to the last 5 mins, we lacked that small bit of composure and kk really showed their experience to stay calm.

We were lucky johnny coen wasnt sent off (and he should have been) but the ref gave kk a few very soft frees in the 2nd half to make up for it. Watching the match again even Michael Duignan made a comment about some of them. It was disapointing that cathal mannion or johnny glynn didnt have the big games we needed them to have, but its still a very good young team and this year will really help the development of the younger players. Dont forget kk lost the all ireland in 98 and 99 before winning it in 2000...no reason why we cant challenge again next year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

donnem33 wrote: »
    They were 3 points down with 8 mins to go...and canning missing a very soft free, while whelan should have popped it over the bar. Shortly after Walter Walsh took David Collins out of it with the ball breaking to Colin Fennelly to pop it over the bar. I know we got a last min consolation goal so as to only lose by 4, but we had 12 wides to kk 5. The game was still there to be won up to the last 5 mins, we lacked that small bit of composure and kk really showed their experience to stay calm.

We were lucky johnny coen wasnt sent off (and he should have been) but the ref gave kk a few very soft frees in the 2nd half to make up for it. Watching the match again even Michael Duignan made a comment about some of them. It was disapointing that cathal mannion or johnny glynn didnt have the big games we needed them to have, but its still a very good young team and this year will really help the development of the younger players. Dont forget kk lost the all ireland in 98 and 99 before winning it in 2000...no reason why we cant challenge again next year!!

It absolutely pains me to say it but mentally if not on the scoreboard the game was effectively over after 50 minutes. Kilkenny had swamped us at that stage, we had lost our shape, the game was being played on their terms and there was effectively no prospect of the goal we needed to give us a shot in the arm to revive our challenge.

Ok Kilkenny may have got one or two soft frees early in the 2nd half to in some way balance out the fact Johnny Coen should have been sent off but we just didn't react at all to them coming into the game. To be fair Johnny Glynn won one or two puck outs at that stage but we got nothing off them and our game plan and shape from the first half fell apart amid Kilkenny's increased intensity.

For any Galway fans who were at the Leinster final, it was groundhog day. We learned nothing from that day and Kilkenny played the 2nd half comfortably on their terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Galway were'nt prepared for an onslaught that they should have expected in the 2nd half

Galway were'nt prepared for an onslaught that they should have expected in the 2nd half

No and if you study the pattern, Kilkenny have arguably put most of their opponents away from minute 35-50. If you could mesure their intensity i would harbour a bet it is through the roof during this period.

Its a bit like when the crocodile suddenly grabs you by the throat only to proceed to turn you at the bottom of the lake for the duration of your existence.

This comment was particularly daft:
    All we had to do was do the identical thing in the second half as we did in the first half

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Kilkenny were a different animal in the second half.

I don't agree that Galway won't have a chance next year. There are a lot of young players that will hopefully learn from that and come back mentally stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

This comment was particularly daft:

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Kilkenny were a different animal in the second half.

I don't agree that Galway won't have a chance next year. There are a lot of young players that will hopefully learn from that and come back mentally stronger.

Thats true but the likes of Clare and Cork (with a new manager) cant be as bad again next year, while Tipp and Waterford will look to go a few steps further too.

Regardless, its been a poor championship compared to previous years, with really only one real memorable game...lets hope 2016 will show a big improvement!

donnem33 wrote: »
    Thats true but the likes of Clare and Cork (with a new manager) cant be as bad again next year, while Tipp and Waterford will look to go a few steps further too.

Regardless, its been a poor championship compared to previous years, with really only one real memorable game...lets hope 2016 will show a big improvement!

I don't know if I expect Clare and Cork to be genuine contenders next year.

But I think Galway can push on as well.

I hope they can.

With Offaly coming up on the rails.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement