Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland Hurling Final 2015 - Kilkenny v. Galway@15:30 Croke Park MOD NOTE POST #1

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Ref did the right thing for the sake of the game. Red card would kill the game completely

Very true but a rec is a red, lucky boy

Would love if we see Cannings last shot again, crowd were cheering behind the goal but waved wide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Typical GAA effort....spend hundreds of thousands on 'Hawk Eye' and then don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ref did the right thing for the sake of the game. Red card would kill the game completely

It is not about the sake of the game, he let off a player whose offense is a red card offense.
    It is tolerating dangerous play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Going for galway and it looks good so far. The ref is on our side as well which is a great thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Galway the better team.
    Better & harder running & some excellent long range scoring.

Galway's best player by far though is the guy wearing blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not his role.

It'd be Coen's fault that the game is ruined. He made the tackle.

He bottled it. It wasn't a difficult decision. He just wasn't brave enough to make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

IT WASN'T A RED CARD OFFENCE

No strike
    No intent
    It was only high because Fennelly grabbed in the hurley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Fennelly grabbed in the hurley
    made it look far worse than it was

You really are a clueless hypocrite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Mushy wrote: »
    Confirm very lucky, ref really didn't want to send him off.

Very lucky...you could see from 5 metres off that coen was gonna take him out. Very lucky.

All in all a great first half by galway, no all Ireland has ever been won without a bit of rough and tumble. And no all Ireland has ever been won in the first half either.

Flynn is making it look so easy, great showing and work rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

You very rarely see reds for those challenges, is it actually a red in the rulebook? Dangerous alright.

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Going for galway and it looks good so far. The ref is on our side as well which is a great thing

Referee should remember it is not his job to help either side win.

You really are a clueless hypocrite

As a ref and player I think I know the tricks of the trade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No doubt about it galway will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Galway the better team.
    Better & harder running & some excellent long range scoring.

Galway's best player by far though is the guy wearing blue.

so you say Galway are the better team yet you think the ref is the reason for that.

Kilkenny are losing almost every battle on the field and they need to make changes if they are going to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

You can clearly see Fennelly's Adams Apple pulling the hurl towards his neck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Typical GAA effort....spend hundreds of thousands on 'Hawk Eye' and then don't use it.

It wasn't a point.

See article and quote from it below.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/bernard-brogans-controversial-point-was-a-score-refs-chief-31492442.html

"If an umpire gets a decision wrong on a point or a wide and Hawk-Eye isn't called for, Hawk-Eye will call the referee and tell him he needs to review this decision,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

A definite red...Ref chickened out..And I want Galway to win..Enjoyable game so far..Kilkenny haven't really played YET..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No doubt about it galway will win.

Hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭letsseehere14

Great game so far. Reminds me very much of 2010. Delighted Galway have replicated the semi final spirit. But could turn into a 2009 very easily. Kilkenny staying in touch and looking the greater goal threat. I think Galway will need at least 1 goal.
    They're living on the edge. Should have had at least 1 red in the semi final and that was a definite red in my book. Very lucky man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Good God

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hawkeye is used for every score/wide as far as I know. If it was actually a point, the referee would have gotten word about it.
    Probably should have used it for the crowd just to ensure no controversy but it obviously wasn't a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Good God

No I'm not God, I'm Andre

Kilkenny can win this, remember when we were down I think 8 points to Galway in an All Ireland quarter final in Thurles and we won it easily in the second half.

This will be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is not about the sake of the game, he let off a player whose offense is a red card offense.
    It is tolerating dangerous play.

I agree with you, but a red is never given for that in hurling. Can you name one incident of someone being dragged down like that that resulted in a red recently? Its always a yellow. In the semi Callinan nearly had his neck broken with a similar foul and it was a yellow.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Referee should remember it is not his job to help either side win.

I know whatyou mean but if he is favouring galway which he is i will take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nib wrote: »
    Is there any Kilkenny fans in Croker at all?

For all their success, Kilkenny's support is woeful.

Was downin kilkenny a week ago, noticed there were'nt that many flags etc out considering the county was into an all ireland final, think they just take it for granted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great first half from Galway,should be up by more,their confidence was rising as the first half went on,

Lucky to still have 15 men on the field,Coen stopped what could have been a goal scoring chance for Kilkenny

Hard to understand why the ref didn't use Hawk Eye for Canning's shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    finally a referee not letting Kilkenny away with their normal tricks
    Most of the off the ball stuff is being done by Galway. Unfortunately for KK most of the on the ball stuff is too. W Walsh needs to step it up for KK.

K4t wrote: »
    Most of the off the ball stuff is being done by Galway. Unfortunately for KK most of the on the ball stuff is too. W Walsh needs to step it up for KK.

Agreed
    Kilkenny goal came from mistake by the corner back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Galway only up by three after being the better team. Hate to see where they would be without the ref.

• Advertisement

Hawkeye is used for every score/wide as far as I know. If it was actually a point, the referee would have gotten word about it.
    Probably should have used it for the crowd just to ensure no controversy but it obviously wasn't a point.

This.Bit of a lack of knowledge from some fans

Galway only up by three after being the better team. Hate to see where they would be without the ref.

With 14 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

With 14 men

And at least two points less.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the ref is having a good game, he could have sent yerman off but it would have been harsh, at least he's being consistent on both sides.

And at least two points less.

Genuine question...which would have the bigger impact?

Clareman wrote: »
    I think the ref is having a good game, he could have sent yerman off but it would have been harsh, at least he's being consistent on both sides.

Besides the Coen situation he hasn't put a foot wrong tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

gucci wrote: »
    Very lucky...you could see from 5 metres off that coen was gonna take him out. Very lucky.

All in all a great first half by galway, no all Ireland has ever been won without a bit of rough and tumble. And no all Ireland has ever been won in the first half either.

Flynn is making it look so easy, great showing and work rate.

I meant to say Coen, not confirm.

Galway have been better team anyway. Only 3 in it...kilkenny are the one team in sport you never go easy on, it'll take a huge 35 for Galway to still win it.

If kilkenny win the second half, they'll have Liam again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

As a galway person, you have to sit there waiting for the inevitable KIlkenny goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Galway are dominating yet only up by 3, and are blessed not to be down to 14 too.

Kilkenny will have a purple patch at some point.

Great game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

dirtyden wrote: »
    I agree with you, but a red is never given for that in hurling. Can you name one incident of someone being dragged down like that that resulted in a red recently? Its always a yellow. In the semi Callinan nearly had his neck broken with a similar foul and it was a yellow.

a galway forward was pulled down by a stick around his neck about 10 minutes before that incident, only a free awarded

Sauce for the goose and all that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Clareman wrote: »

He pulled a Galway player for over carrying when he clearly didn't and kk scored from it not all one way traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Must be said, fair play to fennelly for not making a big deal about the challenge either. Probably was a factor for the ref but it's great to see.

Anyway. ....back to the hurling, let's talk about the hurling! Tj reids finish for the goal was beautiful, great composure

Mushy wrote: »
    I meant to say Coen, not confirm.

Galway have been better team anyway. Only 3 in it...kilkenny are the one team in sport you never go easy on, it'll take a huge 35 for Galway to still win it.

If kilkenny win the second half, they'll have Liam again.

not if they only win the 2nd half by 2 points

😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

You can clearly see Fennelly's Adams Apple pulling the hurl towards his neck

Sure its like that time Tommy Walsh headbutted a tipp hurl.

This complex people have of kilkenny being dirty is a figment of their imagination

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    He pulled a Galway player for over carrying when he clearly didn't and kk scored from it not all one way traffic.

If it's the same incident I'm thinking of he pulled him for playing the ball on the hurley, he pulled KK for too many steps a few times, neither team are getting it their own way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

If that Coen tackle happened yesterday in the football, Joe Brolly would have 3 decades of the Rosary said at half time.

gucci wrote: »
    Must be said, fair play to fennelly for not making a big deal about the challenge either. Probably was a factor for the ref but it's great to see.

Anyway. ....back to the hurling, let's talk about the hurling! Tj reids finish for the goal was beautiful, great composure

It was an open goal tap in tbh. Would be harder to miss.

If we're talking composure, it was Flynns flick down into his hand from the puck out and bang over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DellyBelly wrote: »
    not if they only win the 2nd half by 2 points

😕

I know, hence why can't see them winning it by less than that(if you have smilies there, I can't see, on mobile)

I thought the KK player did grab the hurley a bit, but that's only a reflex if someone has something to your throat.

The ref was being warned by Galway players and mentors that it was only a booking, that's usually a sign that it could have been a sending off.

Anyway, great game of hurling so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Kk out very early. I think Galway will need a goal possibly to ensure a win, i think Kk will get another goal or maybe two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement