Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland Hurling Final 2015 - Kilkenny v. Galway@15:30 Croke Park MOD NOTE POST #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

ceegee wrote: »
    Sure its like that time Tommy Walsh headbutted a tipp hurl.

This complex people have of kilkenny being dirty is a figment of their imagination

Have to agree no pulling of hurl, red all day but I as a neutral was glad it was yellow,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Fair play to Galway, they more than deserve to be winning. The level of commitment from them is unreal and reminds me of us at our best. But that referee is a joke, worse than Barry Kelly. I usually love Wexford, I don't know a group of supporters more knowledgable about the game, but he's putting his contempt for Kilkenny on his sleeve. At this stage, Brian Gavin should be an automatic for any Kilkenny game, even against Offaly. If Galway win then fair play, their level of play more than deserves it so far but I'd rather lose against fifteen than sixteen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

mightyreds wrote: »
    Have to agree no pulling of hurl, red all day but I as a neutral was glad it was yellow,

That'll be used as an example of why the black card should be brought into hurling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Should have been booked for diving there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Clareman wrote: »
    If it's the same incident I'm thinking of he pulled him for playing the ball on the hurley, he pulled KK for too many steps a few times, neither team are getting it their own way.

Didn't see the foul myself, even the commentator thought the ref missed it

Blatant free , playing the hurl not given , kk score from it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Good reffing there, there' wasn't a free an he did hold on too long to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Great spot on that dive there by the ref.

Bit of aimless, lose play by Galway at the start of the second half here, bit of composure needed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

SlickRic wrote: »

Was cos he threw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Blatant free , playing the hurl not given , kk score from it

What one views as a blatant free, many others don't.
    Nib wrote: »
    Should have been booked for diving there.
    Good reffing there, there' wasn't a free an he did hold on too long to the game.
    SlickRic wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Soft booking

Mushy wrote: »
    Was cos he threw it.

I just meant spotting it wasn't a foul on the Galway man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wonder if the referee looked at twitter at half time.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What one views as a blatant free, many others don't.

But he played the Hurley Before any ' dive'

I thought that was a wide myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    But he played the Hurley Before any ' dive'

there was no need to go to ground though, why not stay on his feet and try to break free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

John Hanbury is wired up, needs to show composure on the ball i think.

Surely shoving someone in the chest/neck is a booking? Just cause the guy shouldn't be there doesn't mean you can do it

Definite wide. Hanbury didn't touch it, a great shoulder punished by the useless umpire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    It was an open goal tap in tbh. Would be harder to miss.

If we're talking composure, it was Flynns flick down into his hand from the puck out and bang over.

I just love a nice gentle finish for a goal rather than selecting "power drive" for every shot!

Flynns point was like a trick shot in fairness, so slick

Harsh yellow on the Galway player, but good reffing there

Level again, galway need to get back scoring

2 soft bookings there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

KK draw level.

Smattering of applause.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Galway are going down hill now.

KK are lifting it here, next 10 minutes will be the winning of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Where's Richie power?

Next goal will be a huge one

That's a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

All level yet none of the kk boys have started to hurl yet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Harsh yellow there

• Advertisement

These yellows will surely lead to a red

Sorry, not a red, I thought he hit him on the head rather than jumping into him. Ref is strugging here to keep control of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

That's a red

Not a fan of Kilkenny ay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Kk fans in the ground must be asleep. So quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Ah Galway :'(

Harsh yellow there

Jumped into an opponent and hit him in the head, that's a yellow, the Galway player wasn't moving so it was the Kilkenny players responsibility to ensure he didn't make contact.

Hanbury is an animal.

Why did RTÉ cut away there, would have known for definite if it was a 65 or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Hogan and Reid are pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Galways messin harder to ignore this half. becomin more cynical by the minute

• Advertisement

Galway haven't come out for this half.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

0-6 to 0-1 to KK since half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Why did RTÉ cut away there, would have known for definite if it was a 65 or not

The camera direction in general isn't terrific.

4 point swing to KK, up by 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Feck KK taking over a bit now, Galway need to start using posession better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

And the 31 counties go wild.

Unbelievable point.

Umpires in this game are having a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Umpires in this game are having a nightmare.

that was a tough call on the last point in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Very very soft free

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

And the 31 counties go wild.

To be fair I think that makes the win sweeter for Kilkenny when they win most years. It's not exactly a slag anymore.

Advertisement