Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone's broadband dodgy tonight? (Upc)

Options
  • 17-08-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

My broadband has been on and off all evening, wondering if it's just me, or our good old friends at UPC being useless again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

4589724592.png

No problem from my end. Speed is not near the 240 but that's to be expected at this time of the evening.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

4589788165.png

Yeah mine is grand too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Ours was dodgy (on and off, mostly off) last week. Affected all connected devices, wired and WiFi. Called UPC, they said everything was fine on their end. Reset modem, etc., still not working. So as a last resort they agreed to replace the modem.

Then it started working again.... and then the new modem arrived...

No idea what was going on, but you're not the only one with recent unexplained service issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 burnaby

2011 wrote: »
    4589788165.png

Yeah mine is grand too :P

According to the screebgrab you posted, you were getting 2.17 MB down and 1.45 MB up. Those speeds are not what I'd call 'grand' - they are atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

burnaby wrote: »
    According to the screebgrab you posted, you were getting 2.17 MB down and 1.45 MB up. Those speeds are not what I'd call 'grand' - they are atrocious.

Modem off, modem on. Atrocious to grand in two simple steps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 burnaby

endacl wrote: »
    Modem off, modem on. Atrocious to grand in two simple steps.

Fair enough, but the speeds posted were dire!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Very poor today.

Almost 200Mb below the advertised speed.

4602710859.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

burnaby wrote: »

Believe it or not Eircom can't even match those speeds and this is the best that Wicklow Broadband can do for me :o

No amount of switching the modem on and off will improve it either.
    Eircom have "no plans" to bring fibre into our estate despite the fact that a new fibre cabinet has been installed less that 20m from the entrance to the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Complete and utter garbage...
    Every Sunday I've to reset out router/ modem...

They'll be getting a phone call soon

Advertisement