Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wetsuit for triathlon

• 17-08-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Any recommendations? Willing to spend up to 300. Most likely going to buy it in cork so places to buy it would be welcomed also! I saw the orca s5 is 200 in Buckley sports.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

I have a Z3RO3D Atlante and am more than happy with it. Paid 270 in Base2Race but Sport Pursuit had a great deal on them a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Any recommendations? Willing to spend up to 300. Most likely going to buy it in cork so places to buy it would be welcomed also! I saw the orca s5 is 200 in Buckley sports.

It really depends on how you are as a swimmer. Some suits offer too much buoyancy for strong swimmers with a good body position. Shoulder flexibility isn't great in some of the cheaper suits too.

Most important is fit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

pgibbo wrote: »
    It really depends on how you are as a swimmer. Some suits offer too much buoyancy for strong swimmers with a good body position. Shoulder flexibility isn't great in some of the cheaper suits too.

Most important is fit though.

I'd be a decent swimmer so I don't want to lose that aspect of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

It's probably a bit late in the season but no harm checking with some of the triathlon clubs in your area to see if they have any demo days coming up. It's nice to swim in a suit to see if you like it. Outside of that, Base2Race in Dublin are the only facility I know that allow a try before you but - they have a swim flume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

pgibbo wrote: »
    It's probably a bit late in the season but no harm checking with some of the triathlon clubs in your area to see if they have any demo days coming up. It's nice to swim in a suit to see if you like it. Outside of that, Base2Race in Dublin are the only facility I know that allow a try before you but - they have a swim flume.

I went to base2race for this reason but was told that unless I buy I couldn't use the swim facility and at that i would have to pay extra. Did buy off them in the end but wouldn't pay them the extra to try it in the water

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

B2r didnt have that policy when I bought. It sounds like they were getting stung by people trying on suits there but buying online. I know other places charge for fitting too, for the same reason.

I have a tyr hurricane cat 3. Buoyant in the legs, tho its tricky to remove at the ankles and the strips at the inner arm to grip water start to peel away after very little use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

pot p wrote: »
    I went to base2race for this reason but was told that unless I buy I couldn't use the swim facility and at that i would have to pay extra. Did buy off them in the end but wouldn't pay them the extra to try it in the water

I bought in B2R earlier in the summer. The guy spent over an hour with me going through different suits and had me use the flume to assess the fit. No mention of a fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

radharc wrote: »
    I bought in B2R earlier in the summer. The guy spent over an hour with me going through different suits and had me use the flume to assess the fit. No mention of a fee.

Yeah same high level of service for me though in the end I didnt need the flume. I got a Zerod Atalante which I am very happy with. A fitting is very important for a wetsuit.

Advertisement