Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat loosing weight, need help

• 17-08-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

My 8 yr old female semi long haired cat is loosing weight. At first I didn't notice as she was always light anyway but recently she seems to have lost more weight. I can feel her spine when I pet her but not her ribs. She was always a picky eater and prefers dry food but will lick the gravy or jelly off wet food I put down. She pukes the odd time but that's more due to fur balls than anything else. I brought her to the vet last week and he said she was an ok weight but I'm still not happy with her as her hind quarters seem concave. Can anyone help recommend a food to put on weight. I've googled and people seem to be saying kitten food may do the trick. Any advise would be grateful. Thanks 😺

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Royalcanin have a good variety of cat foods. There are tonnes of good cat foods that you can try till you find the one that your cat likes. Cats are notoriously fussy eaters.

I think if your unhappy with the vets opinion its always a good option to get a second opinion from a different vet.
    Good luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Wet food you can try:
    Applaws (not complete)
    Terra Faelis (complete)
    Almo Nature (not complete)
    Feringa / Feringa Duo (complete)
    Schesir (complete)
    GranataPet (complete)
    Bozita (complete, recommend on can)
    Cosma (Not complete)
    Catz Finefood (complete)
    Porta21 (not complete)
    Lily's Kitchen (complete)

Dry foods:
    Applaws
    Taste of the Wild
    Acana
    Granata pet
    Purizon

Basically anything that's grain free; what you don't want to feed is anything you can find in a supermarket such as Felix, Whiskas etc.

Advertisement