Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrconnell Road

Options
  • 17-08-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi

I'm looking for somewhere to live, and hoping to purchase at some point soon.

I saw some places around Tyrconnell Road, and while I only live about 4km away, it might as well be on the moon as I've never really been over that direction!

Does anyone know what the area is like? It seems nice, but so do a lot of places until the sun goes down!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

It wouldnt be the most salubrious area butbit certainly aint the worst. If you could get a nice 3 bed for sub 200k id snap it up.

But in any event the best advice I can give ia try to rent around there for a few months. Better to spend a few grand to live there for a bit and see how it is than to buy a gaff and potentially not like living there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Tyrconnell Road was in the news last night.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mindless-act-of-vandalism-left-many-in-fear-for-their-homes-as-thousands-of-gallons-of-canal-water-gush-onto-street-31455548.html

Some young scamps decided to open the canal locks and flood the road.
    Something to be aware of if looking near the canal.
    I imagine insurance companies will try to avoid covering that area for flood damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Viriconia

Jaysus ok sounds lovely...

I'm currently in Walkinstown/ Crumlin ... Is it better or worse than there?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭kellyshell

Hi

I am living in Inchicore (Bulfin) 4yrs now. It's lovely.............Tyrconnell Road is a main road and can be very busy.

As what is better Walkinstown/Crumlin or Inchicore...............no matter where you go in Dublin you will get good and bad spots.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

I've lived in Inchicore (Tyrconnell Road end) for 10 years.

It's not upmarket but I've never had any problems. Don't think it would be any worse than Walkinstown/Crumlin.

Walking distance to town. Good bus routes (13/40).

I know someone who lives in the Tramyard apartments and they have some anti-social behaviour. The CIE works area is the 'posh' part (more expensive) and they have a nice community centre.

Have a look at this forum - http://inchicore.info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

It wouldnt be the most salubrious area butbit certainly aint the worst. If you could get a nice 3 bed for sub 200k id snap it up.

But in any event the best advice I can give ia try to rent around there for a few months. Better to spend a few grand to live there for a bit and see how it is than to buy a gaff and potentially not like living there

Given that nice 3-beds in Inchicore have been routinely going for over 300k, I don't think there's much chance of getting one for under 200.

Advertisement