Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip Switch keeps tripping after getting Insulation

Options
  • 17-08-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I got insulation put into my house last Thursday (attic and gel beads in the cavity). However ever since the trip switch has been cutting out the sockets.

I tried turning off all the sockets this morning to find the problem but still couldn’t locate the problem. Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

when they were drilling the cavity walls they may have nicked a cable,
    could be a coincidence though,so make sure immersion is switched off

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

If there are cables in the attic, they may have moved or stretched a cable, if there's a junction box on a circuit in the attic, there may be 2 cables touching, or similar, or someone stood on a cable and the insulation got damaged somehow.

You need to try and isolate which circuit is being affected, to reduce the area that has to be investigated.

Is it a MCB for a specific circuit that is tripping, or the protection breaker for a whole group of circuits, that may give a clue also.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NickSantigo

Thanks for the replies. The problem seems to have sorted itself out before I was able to locate the source of the issue. It's been over a week now so fingers crossed the problem has solved itself

Advertisement