Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest dentists in cork for fillings

Options
  • 17-08-2015 10:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

anyone go to a dentist in cork lately for a filling. what prices are they charging. who seems to be the cheapest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

f140 wrote: »
    anyone go to a dentist in cork lately for a filling. what prices are they charging. who seems to be the cheapest?

there is no easy answer to this, the cost will depend on the size of the filling, the material used, the work needed to prepare the filling etc.
    I suggest going to see a dentist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

there is no easy answer to this, the cost will depend on the size of the filling, the material used, the work needed to prepare the filling etc.
    I suggest going to see a dentist.
    never had a filling cheaper than €80 which I think is scary money. would be long adding up if a 2 or more fillings were needed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

f140 wrote: »
    never had a filling cheaper than €80 which I think is scary money. would be long adding up if a 2 or more fillings were needed

I agree with you, I was thinking my dentist would charge about the same...but I don't know exactly because I haven't needed a filling in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cheapest is probably the dental hospital (part of CUH). I used to go up there when I was in college for my friends in dent to have a look at my teeth.

https://www.ucc.ie/en/dentalschool/patients/

Pricelist is here. For a filling, it's 30 if an undergrad does it, or 60 if the consultant does it.

https://www.ucc.ie/en/media/academic/dentalschool/newwebsitephotos/documents/PricelistJan2015.pdf

For something very straightforward like a filling it might take a little longer than a regular dentist because they are not as experienced, but it will be a good job (because they are being overseen by consultants).

Advertisement