Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Offers

• 17-08-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys,
    Just a quick question about CAO offers, I'm sure it's been discussed many times but just to confirm for 100th time - If I accept my 1st CAO offer which is not my 1st choice on the list, will I still get an offer for my 2nd or 1st choices if the points go down/people drop out in the second round? Or am I stuck with my third option I have just accepted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭my teapot is orange

I don't fully understand your question, but you can move up your CAO list, not down. So if I accept my number 3 and then the points drop for my number 2, I may be offered my number two in a later round, and I would then have the choice to take that or stick with number 3.

If I got offered number 1 straight away, I could only accept or reject that. I would never get anything else as everything else is below it and you can't move down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 overpower

You can accept your offer right now and if ur 2nd or 1 st option do give you an offer at round two you can accept that to replace your round one offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RaptorOne

That fully answers my question, thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

you can accept an offer higher up the list in the second or later rounds, but there is no guarantee that an offer will be made in those rounds, because everyone who was offered those places might accept them.

Advertisement