Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to surf

Options
  • 18-08-2015 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Is 40 + too old to take up surfing ...thinking off getting lessons in the next few weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

No you won't be the best surfer ever but you'll still have lots of fun and why have a regret, do it and if you don't take to it well you gave it a go. I know one guy who took up surfing when he was 40 and he's handy enough on a long board

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Cheers I'm getting lessons in strandhill..I was scuba diving for years but found it was a lot of work just be in the water for 20 mins...I'll see how I get on really looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I always find that the first 20 minutes are hard word then it clicks in an it gets much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I'd be the kind to say no, absolutely not too old. If your body is capable of doing it then there's no reason why your age should matter.

Go for it and enjoy the ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

only 40+ , you have a few decades of surfing ahead of you so.
    Enjoy the ride

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Thinking of transitioning from Bodyboarding to Surfing myself,turned 40 the other day.
    I'll be probably paddling in deep,so used to the steep take off on the bodyboard.
    Hopefully it won't take long to stand up lol

Advertisement