Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing broadband/tv

Options
  • 18-08-2015 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

We're out of contract with UPC just since July (and our bill went up accordingly).

We have BB/TV/phone with them (although we never use the phone).

Due to my increasing frustration with their service, i'm on the lookout for either

1) a replacement broadband service
    2) a replacement broadband/tv/phone

I'd prefer 2), as the UPC TV (we're on the old pre-horizon set) is really bad.

Can anyone recommend something for 2)?

We have gotten the SKY flyers in the house about broadband and communal dishes etc, are these dishes already in place?

Thanks,
    JS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

We switched to Horizon last year, it was a little cheaper than the MMDS Hybrid offering we had and it's way better.

Sky is good too. Father in law has it and he's really happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Thanks - for Sky BB +TV, do you need your own satellite dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 burnaby

JandS wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're out of contract with UPC just since July (and our bill went up accordingly).

We have BB/TV/phone with them (although we never use the phone).

Due to my increasing frustration with their service, i'm on the lookout for either

1) a replacement broadband service
    2) a replacement broadband/tv/phone

I'd prefer 2), as the UPC TV (we're on the old pre-horizon set) is really bad.

Can anyone recommend something for 2)?

We have gotten the SKY flyers in the house about broadband and communal dishes etc, are these dishes already in place?

Thanks,
    JS

JS

Don't rush into anything.

Both Eircom and UPC seem to be preparing to offer new services in Greystones.

Contact both companies, and Sky, and find out what they can offer you. You should as also contact UPC's Loyalty Department - I've seen many posters on Boards posting that if you tell UPC that you are contemplating switching to another supplier, UPC will instantly find a way of reducing your monthly charges.

Look at other existing threads in the Greystones and Charlesland forum - I'm sure you'll find plenty of recent contributions which give a good picture of what people think of telecoms service providers in the area

I have Sky for TV and Eircom for voice and BB. Not the cheapest solution, but I'm getting what I need, so it suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Sky and Eircom here as well..five years on and zero problems..

Advertisement