Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Non Traditional" Points

• 18-08-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could explain to me the non-traditional points achieved by students in the Leaving Cert - Examples would include 999, 978, 888 (I think this student would be coming from the UCAS system), 683. Apart from the student applying under UCAS, all the other students are Irish. These students are not applying to courses such as the HPAT, or anything that would need practical assessment, such as Music.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't understand the non-traditional points system. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Interview scores for some courses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Scores for portfolios, performance or interview and added to their Leaving Cert points for that specific course.

E.g. a student of mine applied for art college this year. I think the portfolio is scored out of 600. So is the Leaving Cert (ignoring the bonus points for maths for the moment).

So a score of 513 for the portfolio and 450 in terms of Leaving Cert points gives 963 for that specific course. . All regular courses would score 450.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

No, these are students who are not taking courses that require portfolios or interviews - they are more 'traditional' courses such as Commerce, Arts, etc. Would students coming in under the HEAR or mature student route have their points reported differently?

Advertisement