Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become a provider of QQI awards?

Options
  • 18-08-2015 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I find their website very difficult to use and they're so unhelpful on the phone. Does anyone know how to go about becoming a provider of QQI awards? My company runs short courses for people who work with vulnerable people, skills training and the like. We'd like to provide certificates that are in some way official to help towards the professional recognition of the people we work with. Does anyone know exactly what you have to do to achieve this?

We would only want the most basic certification. Our courses are mainly only part time over 6 weeks. We can work on them to meet certification standards though. We're a small organisation so the most cost effective way would be best too. If there's a reputable alternative to QQI I would be interested in that too.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Perhaps contact your local ETB (VEC) and ask someone in there how they went about it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

spurious wrote: »
    Perhaps contact your local ETB (VEC) and ask someone in there how they went about it?

They'll tell the competition? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lol maybe - at least you'd know you'd be speaking to someone who successfully went through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭newholland

emma_work wrote: »
    I find their website very difficult to use and they're so unhelpful on the phone. Does anyone know how to go about becoming a provider of QQI awards? My company runs short courses for people who work with vulnerable people, skills training and the like. We'd like to provide certificates that are in some way official to help towards the professional recognition of the people we work with. Does anyone know exactly what you have to do to achieve this?

We would only want the most basic certification. Our courses are mainly only part time over 6 weeks. We can work on them to meet certification standards though. We're a small organisation so the most cost effective way would be best too. If there's a reputable alternative to QQI I would be interested in that too.

Thanks in advance!

10000 registration fee and need all qa in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emma_work

newholland wrote: »
    10000 registration fee and need all qa in place.

Is that really the only way to do it? A small non profit like ours doesn't have anywhere near that level of funding and we're not even looking for something overly impressive or comprehensive. Just some kind of official acknowledgement that this course has been completed.

• Advertisement

emma_work wrote: »
    Is that really the only way to do it? A small non profit like ours doesn't have anywhere near that level of funding and we're not even looking for something overly impressive or comprehensive. Just some kind of official acknowledgement that this course has been completed.
    Well, whatever about the thousand euro, QA is essential, as a person getting a cert from you has to be 100% certain that their certification has the same value as one from another provider such as an ETB.

I suppose the thousand euro is to make sure anyone offering this certification is serious about it.

spurious wrote: »
    Lol maybe - at least you'd know you'd be speaking to someone who successfully went through the process.

Given that the government seems to be determined to sideline ETBs by ringfencing certain elements of certification and courses to private providers, it would be a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas..

They might offer the OP hours and certify it themselves.

Advertisement