Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.6 Gpa need a 2.1

Options
  • 18-08-2015 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Basically, I find myself in the precarious position of having a low Gpa and needed a serious improvement to achieve a 2.1. I am wondering is it possible to raise ny Gpa to the 2.1 requirment over 2 semesters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Are you 100% certain it's weighted equally over all semesters?

I ask because my course only counted the final year(WIT).

If only the final year counts, then just study your arse off and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JK2015

It depends on the weighting of each year but should be possible (although would most likely you would need to be getting a high 1.1 for the year)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

Yes, as far as I'm aware it's even distributed over the 4 semesters. i think it is possible but will require a gpa pf roughly 3.6 for both semesters, which seems a very big ask. But I suppose all I can do is give it my best shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

Route1 wrote: »
    Yes, as far as I'm aware it's even distributed over the 4 semesters. i think it is possible but will require a gpa pf roughly 3.6 for both semesters, which seems a very big ask. But I suppose all I can do is give it my best shot.

Whats your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

BA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

Route1 wrote: »

Your right here, BA since 2009 has been equal weighting for both second and third year in order to calculate your Award GPA.
    So for a 2.1 minimum you need a 3.54 which is a B+ Average.

Advertisement