Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Keyboard (~€80-€100)

Options
  • 18-08-2015 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Any recommendations on a good budget gaming keyboard, currently looking at the Logitech G105 but just curious about what recommendations people would have?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I'd recommend the Cm storm quickfire, great budget mechanical keyboard.

Komplett have great deals on them at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Look toward some of the mechanical keyboards at that budget. Can vouch for Cherry Red switches (no bump, no click) feeling pretty great.
    Good few people swear by the cooler master quickfire tk.
    Shop around. Look up some videos. Check out the reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards for their wiki and some pretty pictures.

Edit: HowAreWe read my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I bought a Cooler Master Quickfore TK woth brown switches 2 years ago. Twas only 50 pounds, which was something like 61 euro at the timen delivered.

Fantastic little keyboard. It is cut down however to save on space and costs, the arrow keys are implemented into the number pad.

The build quality is superb, the frame is solid steel, and there is almost no give if you apply torque at opposite ends. Nice LED lights too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Gumbi wrote: »
    I bought a Cooler Master Quickfore TK woth brown switches 2 years ago. Twas only 50 pounds, which was something like 61 euro at the timen delivered.

Fantastic little keyboard. It is cut down however to save on space and costs, the arrow keys are implemented into the number pad.

The build quality is superb, the frame is solid steel, and there is almost no give if you apply torque at opposite ends. Nice LED lights too.

I can also vouch for the Coolermaster TK, jumped on the same deal at the time, really like the brown switches. That said, got rid of it recently, i didnt realise how much i use the numberpad, so ended up getting the coolermaster xt version which has the numberpad, the trade off being no backlighting.

Bought it from komplett - just to note their keyboards arent UK layout but international so your your " and @ keys are switched and a number of other minor things. I still use the uk layout functionally, the key caps jsut dont have the correct symbols! I think the TK build quality is slightly better also but much happier with having a dedicated numberpad back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Food for thought, be a few weeks before I buy anything so plenty of time to have a gander! Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement