Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Law

Options
  • 18-08-2015 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi.. I'm considering studying law next year. I have a two year old child. What are the course hours/work load like? Lecture/tutorials/ reading lists.
    I would appreciate any information.
    Thanks☺️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Hi,

I'm just progressing to second year law, although I'm doing a law with course so slightly differen . The hours are not bad at all. 12-15 hours a week of lectures and tutorials and very little continuous assessment so I didn't fond the workload bad until very close to the exams

In second semester you'll have two assignments to do and while I enjoyed doing them and found the topics interesting, they do take quite a bit of time to do a good job.

As for workload it depends on the person somewhat. I remember things quite easily and that's definitely a big help. Doing the work for your tutorials is by far the biggest piece of advice I'd give to an incoming first year. The exams tend to focus moreso on these topics so it'll save yourself a lot of stress at the end if you do these.

The timetable tends not to change year on year so I can actually lay it out for you, same for both semesters
    Mon: 4-6
    Tues: 1-3 and 4-6
    Wed -
    Thurs 1-3
    Fri 9-11

On top of this you'll have 12 tutorials each semester (4 contract law, 4 constitutional law, 4 tort law) and one elective each semester which will probably be another 3 hours per week.

The law exams tend to be quite predictable so looking at previous exams will help. Also being able to express yourself well on paper is essential.

Any other questions please ask!

Advertisement