Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roasting Green Coffee Beans at home

• 18-08-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience of purchasing unroasted green coffee beans online and roasting them in a popcorn maker?

I'm looking for a good source of quality green coffee beans!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

soulglo79 wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience of purchasing unroasted green coffee beans online and roasting them in a popcorn maker?

Has bean used to sell green beans.
    I started with a Popcorn maker. Plenty of guides out there and it's good fun to do. Just remember to keep an eye on them as they become combustible after the second 'pop' (was close to 6 minutes iirc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Coffeemojo sells green beans in 500g and 1kg quantities. Have never bough green beans, but their roasted beans are smashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭soulglo79

Thanks Doodee. I'll let you know how I get on once I get all of the bits together! A work colleague highly recommends roasting your own coffee beans. Great coffee and lots cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭soulglo79

Thanks Krusty! I've looked on their site and can't find their green bean variety. I mailed them so hopefully they'll revert with a list! Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks Krusty! I've looked on their site and can't find their green bean variety. I mailed them so hopefully they'll revert with a list! Thanks again!
    Have a look at their single origin beans. In the size drop-down, it lists prices for 500g and 1kg bags of green beans. For example, 1kg of Brazilian Fazenda Pantano will set you back €17 (plus delivery). Fresh roasted price is €24.70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

To get it out of your system I would suggest getting a popcorn popper.

They usually turn up in lidl or aldi for about 15 euro.

Do it out side because of smoke and chaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Do it out side because of smoke and chaff.

Yes make sure well ventilated. See below from the Journal of the American Medical Association 2003. There are also case reports of people becoming unwell with this roasting at home, although not dying.

Carbon%20Monoxide.png

Advertisement