Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonakilty Waterfront Marathon, Half & 10k

Options
  • 18-08-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Don't think there's a thread for this yet

Just about to register for the half. Saw that you can register through Precision Timing or Active Networks. What's the difference? Other than €1.50 transaction fee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hopefully they revert back to the 2013 hilly course for the half.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I didn't know there were different ways of registering. Could I see the links?

I was going to reg here: https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=11084052&int=29-110-2

The course: I was speaking to the organisers. It was unconfirmed when I asked in June, but I've messaged them again asking has there been an update. Will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Here's the link for precision timing. They've taken it down from the Clonakilty website and looks as though the reg on the website is closed. Maybe they sold all of their registrations

http://registration.precisiontiming.co.uk/events/preview?id=40&EventNAme=Clonakilty_Waterfront_Marathon_VI_2015

Guess that's my question answered anyway. Active networks it is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Just signed up there now myself. Birthday weekend in Clonakilty - bring it on!

They told me they'll be finalizing the route by the end of this week all going well and will release more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

The new routes for this year are on the facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

Thinking of doing this as a post DCM race. Anyone recommend it from previous experience? Website, new routes, medal and tops all look great but a fair trek from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Did Clonakilty in 2013 but gave it a miss last year when they changed the course. This year's course looks pretty much like the original, except the start and finish being at the Quality Hotel. Great course, a good bit of it along the coast, stiff enough (good bit more than Dublin) and good atmosphere around the town. Great place for a weekend, if you can get a bed! I plan on doing it after DCM!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Just registered for the half, looking forward to it already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

I'm in too. Time to ramp up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

I've registered for the half.

Is this the new route or last year's route?

http://runclon.ie/full-marathon/

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Not last year's route, thankfully. More like the old route, except the start/finish is at the Quality Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

Just entered the full. It'll be my first marathon. #whathaveidone?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Only a couple of days now, how's everyone fixed?

Supposed to be doing the half but left calf/ankle area hasn't been great since DCM. Pain is on the inside of my leg just above the ankle. Feels like it's the bone that's sore so am worried that it may be a stress fracture. I'm starting my next training cycle on the 12th for Rotterdam so might rest it until then. Will make a call on the day. Wasn't planning on racing it anyway. My OH is doing the 10k so might just cheer him on and enjoy the weekend away

Hopefully the weather will improve! It's some crappy day in Limerick today!

This is gonna be a wash out with 50mph gusts

Just the way I like it

Worryingly feel a bit of a flu coming on which is not good. I'll still run the marathon but may not enjoy it as much if symptoms persevere.

I'm hoping the weather eases up just a little. I'll take the rain if the wind stays away.

sibeen99 wrote: »
    I'm hoping the weather eases up just a little. I'll take the rain if the wind stays away.

Not if its blowing up your arse :)

Not if its blowing up your arse :)

Perhaps :)
    I'll just wait and see and hope so....

• Advertisement

Any chance of this being due to the weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Still on, as of this afternoon ...

https://www.facebook.com/runclon/

Taken from their Facebook page..
    Race update,

Met Eireann has issued a orange rain and yellow wind warning for the WHOLE of Cork County. As of now the race is still GOING AHEAD as we have NOT been advised this will affect us directly in West Cork

Miles and Smiles travel safe The Clon Crew

Race is cancelled lads

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Race is cancelled lads

Nothing yet on Facebook or email, where did you get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Triangla wrote: »

It's on the MCI FB page

Triangla wrote: »

I'm at the registration in the hotel

Disappointed that it's cancelled but the weather is ferocious!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I'm at the registration in the hotel

Cheers, crazy cancelling the morning of. I'm not that far away but still a pain in the backside to get there only to find out it's been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Should have been cancelled yesterday like Waterford. Clonakilty was singled out in some of the weather reports as being particularly bad, bad form on the organisers part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tang1 wrote: »
    Should have been cancelled yesterday like Waterford. Clonakilty was singled out in some of the weather reports as being particularly bad, bad form on the organisers part.

Commercial race...

Advertisement