Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Garden Border plants - suggestions needed

Options
  • 18-08-2015 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Right I'm biting the bullet and have decided to put in permanent shrubs into my front garden border instead of annual bedding plants. I have already put in a hydrangea and camilia. I want plants that have a presence all year round; perhaps with flowers in spring and summer. All and any suggestions will be considered! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Just in the middle of doing the same myself and got delivery of Forest Flame, Silver Flame (Pieris, Pieris Japonica) and Burning Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cumin

Weigelia, Potentilla, Philadelphus, Kolkwitzia, Spirea, Sarcococca, Buddleia, Cornus, Rhododendron, Viburnum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Hydrangea "Wims Red" is a shrub that will give good presence through the summer months.Flowers turn from white to pink to red from June through to October and then in winter as the leaves die back it has a nice bit of interest.I have some growing in my garden and its a shrub of interest.A hard prune back each wintertime gives great new growth the following year.
    Ajuga Reptans "chocolate chip" is a great dark leaved evergreen ground cover plant that sprouts lovely purple spikes of flowers from early summer onwards.Max height is only 15 cm tall.Bees and hoverflys love them.

Advertisement