Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 10 free upgrade?

• 18-08-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭

Is it worth upgrading to windows 10 for free?

Would I lose any info, files, programmes or microsoft office?

I'm not very good st this stuff so if something went wrong I'd probably be stuffed.

I'm running an Acer Aspire 5738G with Windows 7.

It's alll working fine other than the laptop overheats

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

If you've never rebuilt your own machine before then I wouldn't recommend doing a major in place upgrade on a machine that has all of your own personal data. At least get yourself a backup for the sake for your data.

Unless you're happy with the risk that it may go tits up then you've answered your own question.
    ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'm not very good st this stuff so if something went wrong I'd probably be stuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Back up all your stuff then upgrade. It is easy to upgrade i have done 3 laptops and 1 PC. The PC had an activation issue apart from that everything worked perfectly. You wont loose anything when upgrading unless of course something did go wrong but that is what your back up is for. Do you have a copy of Windows 7 so you can re install it if you need to? If not make a recovery disk from within Windows 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,826 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'll do it for you. Free of charge. I'll back up all your stuff first so you won't risk losing anything.

Told you I owed you one :)

PM me or ring me - you probably still have my number?

Advertisement