Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao question

• 18-08-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Unfortunately I did not get any cao offers yesterday so I'm going to edit my application and put on courses that I have enough points for.

My question is I'm going to put these course as my 6,7,8 etc choices and keep my first few choices intact in the hopes that the points will drop for 2nd round. Is this ok?

Basically my question is, if I don't get accepted into my original choices in 2nd round will it go down my list until and accept me for one of my new choices that are 7 or 8th etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Well you can't change your courses now anyways. The deadline was July 1st.
    You'll have to re-apply next year, maybe if the points drop in some of your choices you'll get an offer on round 2 now, but you still cannot change your course list now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

You can't change your list at this point but if you go to the CAO website on the left hand side you can look at their 'Available Places' list. You can apply for anything listed there provided you have the minimum entry requirements.

Alternatively, you can reapply next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Brainy

I think you are correct - I think you can insert the available place courses below the courses you are still interested in and still be considered for them in later rounds even if you get an offer for the available place course.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Brainy wrote: »
    I think you are correct - I think you can insert the available place courses below the courses you are still interested in and still be considered for them in later rounds even if you get an offer for the available place course.

Yeah I think you can only add courses which have available spots left, just tried to edit my choices and it said only to add courses which I haven't received offers for...

Advertisement