Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online payment solutions???

Options
  • 18-08-2015 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guy's just for some advice in to online payment solutions for accepting debit/credit cards .Is there any stand out providers? Looked in to sage, payment sense, paypal express all the charges seem quite high. So any advice from your experience's would be very helpful...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Charges are quite high for all the options until you reach a certain turnover. PayPal is obviously the biggest name in the market and for a new site trust is important and adding PayPal is very easy. Once you reach €2.5k a month the fees start to drop. Once you are doing €10k+ a month then the best option is to contact companies directly as you'll find they will be a good bit more flexible on their rates. Last time I checked Stripe was a little cheaper <€2.5k they also have the benefit of it being a lot easier to take over the phone payments than PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Paypal and Strype are my choice for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blix

I have had a small online business and found some customers didn't find Paypal easy to use...forgetting passwords etc. I also used Worldpay and with this facility I was also able to take telephone orders. They were a little expensive but the account was easy enough to set. I'm in the process of setting up another business now and was searching here for similar information. I will be checking out various providers over the next few days and will post the information. Different types of businesses have different charges and requirements, so my advice is to do what I am doing. Do a search and you will find lots of options and just phone them up and compare. Also sometime you can negotiate the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

blix wrote: »
    I have had a small online business and found some customers didn't find Paypal easy to use...forgetting passwords etc. I also used Worldpay and with this facility I was also able to take telephone orders. They were a little expensive but the account was easy enough to set. I'm in the process of setting up another business now and was searching here for similar information. I will be checking out various providers over the next few days and will post the information. Different types of businesses have different charges and requirements, so my advice is to do what I am doing. Do a search and you will find lots of options and just phone them up and compare. Also sometime you can negotiate the price.

I think having a Paypal option would give a sense of security to buyers. The fees may be higher than that of others but with that comes a trusted name, a name most people would be familiar with. Personally I would use a seller with PayPal over one without it, best of luck in your new venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Hi, dueio.com could be another option for you.

https://dueio.com/how-it-works

I'd just like to point out that i am involved with dueio.com and i am happy to get a 75% discount for all boards.ie members.

Just drop me a PM if you would like a discount coupon. Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement