Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating leaving cert exams in old school.

• 18-08-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

delete

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you could ask the Principal. You need to do it before the initial exam entries go in - round about November or so, I think. You will need someone to keep in touch with you from the school, to inform you of dates for orals etc. as they may be different from where you are now.

TBH, I don't see what the point of doing what you propose would be, but it's possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

KatieG6 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Should I see the principal before September to get it out of the way or should I wait until around November?

The reason I would be doing it is because the school I went to is 5 mins away from me where as the school I will be attending is 50mins away so it would be more convenient.

Also, I heard that private schools tend to be marked harder due to the fact that there are only so many A's awarded and the school that I'm going to, the majority are looking for an A.
    They also give students a sample answer and you are required to learn it word for word and basically rewrite it, I feel if everyone had the same answer they would be more strict correcting them. If I was to repeat in my old school I would be writing a different answer compared to everyone else if that makes sense therefore hopefully mine would stand out.

That's rubbish - all papers are marked according to the marking scheme. The adjustments are made nationally, not on a school by school basis.

Whether an answer stands out or not, it will still be marked according to the marking scheme. Sounds like a dreadful way to teach, btw, private or not.

The Principal will be crazy busy with interviews and stuff in September. Maybe drop in in late September and write to your school's Examinations secretary to remind them later. I'm not sure where you will pay your exam fee. Check in the 'learn off the answers' school about that.

Advertisement