Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bioveterinary Science

• 18-08-2015 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi all,
    I recently got an offer to attend AIT for Bioveterinary Science. I was wondering if anyone on here has/is attending the course and how they're finding it? Of course I've looked into the course before filling out the CAO and it definitely interests me, however it's very hard to find much information about what happens on the course and the likelihood of finding work after the four years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Hiya Ozymandius,
    It's a new course so nobody can really predict how easy it will be to find work. I do remember a thread last summer where a poster's girlfriend was starting the course and so I quote:
    Xios wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for the information. She has actually accept the new Bioveterinary Science course in Athlone. She will be starting in two weeks. It's not exactly what she wanted, but it's certainly in the right direction and the prospect of a career seems more likely in research than in practice. At least in Ireland anyway.

You could try sending a message to Xios to see how she got on in first year.

I'd love to hear more about it myself. I did veterinary nursing but I might have applied for this if it had been available at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ozymandiusm8

Thank you very much for the reply! I haven't settled on the course yet so it's on the fence for the time being, it's just a shame there is so little information on it. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ozzynelly1235

Hi all,
    I recently got an offer to attend AIT for Bioveterinary Science. I was wondering if anyone on here has/is attending the course and how they're finding it? Of course I've looked into the course before filling out the CAO and it definitely interests me, however it's very hard to find much information about what happens on the course and the likelihood of finding work after the four years.

Was just wondering if anyone has any extra info on this course. Currently in leaving very and can't decide whether to go for bio veterinary in AIT or vet nursing.. And what type of jobs can you get out of bioveterinary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

You should probably go to their open day in November and you can talk to somebody there.

Advertisement