Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working remotely from another country

Options
  • 18-08-2015 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

What are the logistics of an Irish company hiring someone to work remotely from another country outside the EU such as Canada.

More specifically what are the tax implications of this sort of arrangement for both the company and the employee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

You can just do it as a self employed contractor. - That's probably easiest.

Logistics wise, assuming it's in the IT field, shouldn't be an issue - my web guy until recently was based in Brazil for the past few years after moving from here. - He's still there (I needed a full time person since earlier this year) and he's booked up til next year on work - all of which is Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

OP, that is a Pandora’s Box question. When dealing with an overseas employee taxation is the least of the problems. “Outside the EU” is meaningless as each country in which the “employee” could be based would have its own rules. As the delahuntv has said, having the person work as an independent contractor is the best route. That way they are just a supplier of services and are paid as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

I have contractors in Vietnam, Australia and the US, been working with them for about 5years

i send them projects, they send me an invoice each month in US dollars, no tax - I pay via paypal or wire

Advertisement