Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options
  • 18-08-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Looking to pre-order FIFA16 on Xbox One for my son's birthday. He is asking for the Super Deluxe edition, but Gamestop & Smyths only seem to have standard & deluxe. Also true for amazon.

Anyone know if Super Deluxe is not available in Europe or is only available on other platforms?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

tombrown wrote: »
    Looking to pre-order FIFA16 on Xbox One for my son's birthday. He is asking for the Super Deluxe edition, but Gamestop & Smyths only seem to have standard & deluxe. Also true for amazon.

Anyone know if Super Deluxe is not available in Europe or is only available on other platforms?

It's a digital exclusive, the only place you can get it is here.

EDIT: Just be aware that you'll need to buy it on his Xbox Account for him to have access to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tombrown

Thanks

Any idea how much space on his hard drive this will need? Want to check he has the space before causing an upset :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks

Any idea how much space on his hard drive this will need? Want to check he has the space before causing an upset :)

Not sure, they haven't put the size up on the website yet. Wouldn't say it'd be more than 20GB, as last years was about 12GB.

Also, even if it's full, you can just delete games that he doesn't play anymore, he can reinstall them if he wants in the future. Or get an external drive.

Thanks for the information. Just went to purchase on my son's Xbox account & got this message:

Sorry

Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts.

:(

Don't suppose there is any way to work around this that you are aware of?

He may have to make do with a disc version of the Deluxe edition

Thanks for the information. Just went to purchase on my son's Xbox account & got this message:

Sorry

Normally you could make an account for yourself, buy the game with that account and everyone who logs on to that console can access the content but not sure how that works if there is an age restricted accounts trying to access it. I imagine though it maybe down to the game possibly not having a rating yet???? Maybe others will know for certain though.

• Advertisement

Sorry

Did you, by any chance, create a parent account when you created his account?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Did you, by any chance, create a parent account when you created his account?

Yes I have his account & a parent account (mine). I logged into his account to make the purchase

Yes I have his account & a parent account (mine). I logged into his account to make the purchase

The game is rated at 3+, so I don't think that should be a problem.

From what I've read, Microsoft restricts child accounts to making purchases through the Xbox One only, so you could try it through there rather than the website.

If that still doesn't work, set your Microsoft account up on the Xbox One, purchase and download the game from there. He should be able to access it from his own account so long as it's on the drive.

Thanks - will try that tonight

ordering via his console worked perfectly - many thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement