Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy show predictions thread

Options
  • 18-08-2015 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Any predictions for Ray Darcys new Saturday night show ? Running Cancer and suicide I'd say.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It will be sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I imagine clever camera trickery will make Ray appear at least 4 foot tall. And due to amazing new digital tech the strings will be barely visible.

Possibly a reappearance of Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I heart TV wrote: »
    Any predictions for Ray Darcys new Saturday night show ? Running Cancer and suicide I'd say.

his kids, why putting an egg on top can vastly improve any meal, why sugar is evil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Boring, over-mentioning that he cycles the whole time and that himself and Jenny (if that's her name) are parents.

Being so ill-informed when asking a guest questions that he asks a follow up such is "yeah what is that again?" the whole fecking time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

"I have a degree in Psychology from Trinity you know" any time he is talking to someone that he feels is more intelligent than him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

Darcy's first show will have the following:

A high profile politician who Darcy interviews in an overly confrontational and aggressive way, to show how good he is at current affairs.

A comedian to show how good he is at providing jumping-off points.

Finally, as every single edition of every single Irish chat show always has:
    - a washed up British soap star peddling their autobiography
    - a sob story
    - 'Love-Hate' cast member.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Sob of the week (RTE/TV3) ....

Child with cancer
    Lovely girl with cancer
    "Celebrity" survived cancer

...memo to presenter....lower tone of voice, think of sad things such as wardrobe malfunctions and nod attentively as guest drones on. A touch of pepper on the little finger can induce the required tearful empathy before we cut for ads.
    ...and NEXT (happy face displaying full sparkling dentistry) we have Ronan Keating to talk about his latest divorce and his song for the millennium 3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,585 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm thinking it won't be live myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

ruskin wrote: »
    Darcy's first show will have the following:

A high profile politician who Darcy interviews in an overly confrontational and aggressive way, to show how good he is at current affairs.

Mick Wallace and/or Claire Daly.
    ruskin wrote: »
    A comedian to show how good he is at providing jumping-off points.

The one and only Jason Byrne and you know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Mairead Farrell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

Someone about 1916 commemorations and events to generate controversy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I imagine clever camera trickery will make Ray appear at least 4 foot tall. And due to amazing new digital tech the strings will be barely visible.

That's harsh. Ray is 5'4½ .

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

When is this on?

M

Berserker wrote: »
    When is this on?

I would say around the same weekend as Late Late Show is back, think it's usually first weekend in September.

M

Berserker wrote: »
    When is this on?

Starts 26th, 2 weeks time, just say the date on an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dont think I'll be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,622 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

RTE bosses will be on the show, to discuss the importance of Nuacht.

:pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ray to pull double duty as host and guest on first show :p

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭PolaroidPizza

the only way i'll be watching it is if he gets zig, zag, dustin and zuppy on as guests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

the only way i'll be watching it is if he gets zig, zag, dustin and zuppy on as guests.

You'll be tuning in for the Christmas show then. I predict jokes about Pat Kenny and about how bad the toy show was.

It's so sad this thread exists. It's only here because we all know exactly what we are going to get from this show, because we've had it everyday on the radio for over 15 years. Rte are so depressingly risk averse, they'll pick a "big" name and recycle the hell out of that person rather than trust a fresher person who actually IS hugely succeeding in the slot. Tubs every morning and friday night, Ray every afternoon and Sat night. Miriam O Callaghan thrown in every week night, every sunday morning and for every televised celebration.It couldn't be a less creative effort at entertainment if they were actually aiming to bore the country into a coma.
    I really resent Ray ending up with this gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ray to pull double duty as host and guest on first show :p

More likely the wife and two kids to preach talk about how a sugar free lifestyle with lots of running & porridge is such a great way to live. Hope This is a total flop but unfortunatly the cozy media circle wont come out and criticise it ifits a pile of dung

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

expect donnacha o'callaghan and every other guest he had on his radio show that seemed to be on multiple times. MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Any chance of Jonathan Rachel making an appearance in full 'Rachel' attire or will tubs get in there first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

First show will surely have Tommy Tiernan and Bressie.

Bressie to talk about mental health, followed by Tommy Tiernan to tell us how mental he is.

He has also flogged the life out of interviewing Chris Hadfield so wouldn't be surprised to see that again.

And as another poster said, a washed up soap star who loves a pint of the black stuff.

On a more serious note, at least Darcy will kick up some kind of stink should RTE try and move his producer to the late late show to prop up Tubridy for another year, should Darcy's show take off.

I don't think he is a natural on television, he gets embarrassed very easily.

Advertisement