Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

rameire wrote: »
    ah here.

I said the same, pointless even responding to that crap. Preconceived idea that will not change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭benny79

I moved to Athy from Dublin 12 years ago and absolutely love it! It was a bit daunting at first but once you get involved in the community you really feel at home! I commute everyday never had a problem until this year as traffic has got ridiculous on the naas road and our government as usual are slow to react!
    Its a town remember not a city! but has a Lidl aldi supervalu all in town. Shopping wise you have Carlow, Newbridge the kildare outlets all less than 30mins away and Kilkenny 40.

Thes loads to do good gym and a few smaller ones plus a cracking Golf Course that I am a member off and voted the dryest inland course in Leicester many times! What more do you want regards commuter towns been so close to Dublin.

Regards been rough no more so than any other place in the country! If you look for trouble you will find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

benny79 wrote: »
    I moved to Athy from Dublin 12 years ago and absolutely love it! It was a bit daunting at first but once you get involved in the community you really feel at home! I commute everyday never had a problem until this year as traffic has got ridiculous on the naas road and our government as usual are slow to react!
    Its a town remember not a city! but has a Lidl aldi supervalu all in town. Shopping wise you have Carlow, Newbridge the kildare outlets all less than 30mins away and Kilkenny 40.

Thes loads to do good gym and a few smaller ones plus a cracking Golf Course that I am a member off and voted the dryest inland course in Leicester many times! What more do you want regards commuter towns been so close to Dublin.

Regards been rough no more so than any other place in the country! If you look for trouble you will find it!

Totally agree with the above,

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Well said, agreed with everything.
    In same boat moved down to Athy 12 yrs ago and commute most days.
    Athy is in a great central position to:
    Kildare/Newbridge/Naas/Carlow/Portlaoise and Kilkenny only down the road too.

I probably know yea's :D

• Advertisement

Plus dont forget the Burrow river and the lovely walks along it and the festivals that that are held on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 load1234

There is only two night time Garda many nights. Children attack for fun no other reason. People with good eyesight can see the marks on houses. Houses selling from 100,000 Euros why so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shanry

sa trucker wrote: »
    Hi
    we are looking at buying a house in the Dunbrinn Estate in Athy
    I hear the travelers are a problem there is this true

It's a huge problem and the main reason I moved out! Their dogs took over the estate and it's not unusual to find a horse grazing in your garden!
    Cars Speeding throughout the estate is a big problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Shanry wrote: »
    It's a huge problem and the main reason I moved out! Their dogs took over the estate and it's not unusual to find a horse grazing in your garden!
    Cars Speeding throughout the estate is a big problem too.

Oh man, you're clutching at straws there :D:p at least try and keep it somewhat realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irishguy8383

Hello, my mother has moved to fortbarrington drive in athy? anyone know how safe this estate is?

• Advertisement

Its a lovely quiet estate. Most of Athy is safe compared to a city. Its a cracking town my mum comes down a lot to visit me and has done so for years and absolutely loves it. She would move down in the morning only she doesn't drive has some minor health problems so has a lot of appointments in St James which is very close to her house in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 load1234

Lots of minor attacks by children eggs, stones, window and door banging. Come from other estates mainly. Public services are very poorly quality. Public services discriminate and show prejudice and put down people who do not live in Dublin. Get to know your neighbours. Badly needs active resident associations. House prices very cheap and new road is coming.

load1234 wrote: »
    Lots of minor attacks by children eggs, stones, window and door banging. Come from other estates mainly. Public services are very poorly quality. Public services discriminate and show prejudice and put down people who do not live in Dublin. Get to know your neighbours. Badly needs active resident associations. House prices very cheap and new road is coming.

Are you for real??? fcuking move if you dont like it! And I'm from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irishguy8383

I have seen there is a traveller estate directly opposite it? do they cause any trouble or are they generally friendly?

They are very friendly and have being living in the town for years. Ned is the main man there absolute gentleman. I use to live right next door in Ardrew meadows for a few years and never a problem.

Plus they mostly stick to themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

They are very friendly and have being living in the town for years. Ned is the main man there absolute gentleman. I use to live right next door in Ardrew meadows for a few years and never a problem.

Plus they mostly stick to themselves.

unless you get on the wrong side of evn one of them and then you will live in fear.

And I know of two families that moved out of athy exactly because of intimidation by those people after a couple fo minor issues between kids.

They are a group not to be trusted

Advertisement