Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hi

• 18-08-2015 4:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20

Hi, I want to obtain a Learners permit for a motorcyle. My friend said if I have a full licence on a car, I can just apply for the Provisional licence without the theory test, is this true?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Your-learner-permit/

It will depend on when you did the theory test for your car.

Otherwise, you are starting from scratch - theory test, learner permit, IBT, wait 6 months then apply for test.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 dazor

I've done the car test about 1 & 1/2 or 2 years ago, can't remember exactly.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

You'll need to do a bike theory test then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 dazor

By any chance, is it just for people who done their car licence 1 year or under that don't have to do theory test?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Nowadays it's a separate test and you have to do it regardless of already having a car licence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement