Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting backup drive to Airport

• 18-08-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I have just got a new external back up hard drive, a seacrest backup plus and have formatted it to work on my MacBook Pro, which it does perfectly. Could I now connect this drive to my airport extreme via its USB so that it can back up whenever I am working wirelessly with my Mac? I don't want to have to keep connecting the drive to the Mac every time I want to back up and thought that may be a way to do it? I'm no techie so if it can be done I would appreciate easy instructions please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

twignme wrote: »
    I have just got a new external back up hard drive, a seacrest backup plus and have formatted it to work on my MacBook Pro, which it does perfectly. Could I now connect this drive to my airport extreme via its USB so that it can back up whenever I am working wirelessly with my Mac? I don't want to have to keep connecting the drive to the Mac every time I want to back up and thought that may be a way to do it? I'm no techie so if it can be done I would appreciate easy instructions please!

You'd probably be better off asking in the Apple forum

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

Thank you mass_debater, I hadn't seen that forum and will try over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, plug it into the airport and it should show up as a network hard drive in the finder. Then go into Time Machine preferences and select that drive for backup, and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

Done! Thank you so much for your help Zcott.

Advertisement