Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Victor Frankenstein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Nice little nod to a Young Frankenstein joke in there. :)

Is it just me, or is it an odd trailer? It starts out making it seem like a costume horror, then seems to be a comedy, then onto monster/jump scare territory, before ending on an action movie.

But it's still piqued my interest. I like the leads and the director has his moments. I won't expect a masterpiece, but it definitely looks like a bit of a fun movie to chill out with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Got a Sherlock Holmes vibe off it,well the Downey and Law kinda back and forth with some action.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Got a Sherlock Holmes vibe off it,well the Downey and Law kinda back and forth with some action.

The director directed a fair few episodes of the BBC Sherlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

humanji wrote: »
    Nice little nod to a Young Frankenstein joke in there. :)

Is it just me, or is it an odd trailer? It starts out making it seem like a costume horror, then seems to be a comedy, then onto monster/jump scare territory, before ending on an action movie.

But it's still piqued my interest. I like the leads and the director has his moments. I won't expect a masterpiece, but it definitely looks like a bit of a fun movie to chill out with.

On Reddit there was a similar point about the trailer. Apparently there is an international trailer that is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cool, I looked it up there:

It's a much more even trailer (although I'm as fed up with emo cover versions of songs in trailers as with their using the Inception "BRAAAAMMMMM!").

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

humanji wrote: »
    Cool, I looked it up there:

It's a much more even trailer (although I'm as fed up with emo cover versions of songs in trailers as with their using the Inception "BRAAAAMMMMM!").

I dunno, I kinda like the dark comedy angle of the first trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

trailer looks good, but looks likeit might go a bit cgi' horror monster at the end, some mummy level effects in their.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Seen it last night. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Worth seeing for sure.

Advertisement