Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA DD cancellation

Options
  • 18-08-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi. I recently filled in the SEPA DD cancellation form on line 3 times to cancel 3 direct debits. Today I got a text message stating that a direct debit had been cancelled but how do I know which one of the 3 DD this refers to?

Also, I have a question about the DD cancellation form. It asks for "Last payment". Is this asking me to write in how much the last payment was for when it went out last month or is it asking me if I want one final payment to go out next month? I am particularly anxious to make sure that my direct debits have been cancelled as I switched mortgage and my old mortgage provider told me that I should cancel my Direct debit paid to them each month as sometimes they don't have time to cancel them on their side. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

aoc77 wrote: »
    Hi. I recently filled in the SEPA DD cancellation form on line 3 times to cancel 3 direct debits. Today I got a text message stating that a direct debit had been cancelled but how do I know which one of the 3 DD this refers to?

Also, I have a question about the DD cancellation form. It asks for "Last payment". Is this asking me to write in how much the last payment was for when it went out last month or is it asking me if I want one final payment to go out next month? I am particularly anxious to make sure that my direct debits have been cancelled as I switched mortgage and my old mortgage provider told me that I should cancel my Direct debit paid to them each month as sometimes they don't have time to cancel them on their side. 
    Hi aoc77,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

As you have requested to cancel three direct debit mandates you should receive three text messages to confirm that each of these requests have been actioned. If you would like to confirm which one is cancelled at this time please call BOI Direct on 0818365365 & a representative will check this for you.

The ‘Last Payment’ section on the form is the amount of which the direct debit last left your account at. If you do not have this information you can leave this part blank.

Hope this helps,
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Tara C[/font]

Advertisement