Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to I record myself onto a DVD?

• 18-08-2015 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

Total green horn here.

I need to record myself carrying out a practical assessment for a college assignment.

I could travel to the location and complete the assessment in person but the alternative is to record myself on a DVD and sent it in for marking.

It would save me a lot in time and petrol if I could do this but I have no idea how.

I don't own a camera or a video recorder. I have an iPhone 6 but I take it that that wouldn't suffice.

What would be the easiest option to record myself and how to I go about putting it on a DVD?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Do you have a laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

CabanSail wrote: »
    Do you have a laptop?

Yes but it doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, its only 14'' and 1.1kg. I could probably access a laptop with a drive though but I'd want to know what I was doing before I ask to borrow someones laptop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Does it have to be a dvd? Can you record yourself on the phone and upload the video to YouTube and send the link instead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

On your own Laptop you should be able to record Video & Audio and save in a suitable format (MP4 or AVI) then move the file to a USB and send that in.

Advertisement