Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miro

Options
  • 18-08-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I've just tried to use Miro video player and get a message "An unknown error has prevented Miro from startup. Please file a bug report at........." Has anybody had this issue. Ive uninstalled it and re-installed it again but get the same result. I'm using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 - only 3 months old. I have used Miro already on it and it was fine. Any ideas?

I don't seem to be able to give you the link to the miro site in the error message though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

use VLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aileenhealy

I have VLC too and when I download something and select VLC - it opens with the 'Bollard' in the middle of the screen and then nothing happens. There is a button - 'play' but nothing happens when I click it. Don't know what's happening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bollard?

have you done a virus scan lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

I have VLC too and when I download something and select VLC - it opens with the 'Bollard' in the middle of the screen and then nothing happens. There is a button - 'play' but nothing happens when I click it. Don't know what's happening at all.

So you have two completely different media players that won't play some media file that you downloaded and you think that the problem is with the players?

Advertisement