Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHICH RIDE ON LAWNMOWER

Options
  • 18-08-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

OK so after lot of research ive decided to go with a ride on instead of a self drive push mower .I just haven't the time to cut with the push mower.site is half acre and flat and no obstacles.im looking for peoples opinions on whats the best..ive narrowed it down to castlegarden xdc140hd...2100E......john deere x115r....2800E......or maybe a second had higher powered ride on...the castle is 344cc and the john deere is 500cc but might site is level so would I really need the bigger hp..is there any other makes im missing for this type money.really don't want to spend more than 2500 ish...also it will be garaged in a very dry insulated garage,and I wont be doing too much mulching,mainly most the time ill be collecting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cumin

John Deere is a good reliable brand. I'm working in the grounds of a hotel. Our John Deere is running for 19(!) years on about 1.5 acres of lawn. If it's regularly serviced you'll get good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

thanks yeah ive heard people saying castlegarden makes a lot of other ride ons for the likes of Honda ,stiga,etc but ive also heard john deere decks and axles are much stronger cast iron than john deere and last way longer.

sorry stronger than castlegarden .....might be worth the extra 700 euro so

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would you bother with the robot lawnmowers? Set the area, plug it in, and forget about it.

to be honest I did look into them and was very close to purchasing a robomow..only thing that stopped me was my site is very open at the moment with no gates at entrance,i was concerned it would be stolen,i know they have tilt switch when you lift them up and have to enter a code ,same if you take it outside the wire boundry ,so its useless to a robber...thing is it doesn't stop someone taking it,all be it no good to them.i will consider getting one when my hedging is up in a few years and electric gates...friends have a few and rate them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Blackcurrants

We have about 6 acres to cut and have gone through John Deere, husqvarna, kubota models to finally find the Cub Cadet's. Great mowers with excellent power and mulching deck. Simple solid technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I have one castle garden self propelled that is going well since I bought it new in 1997. It's with tenants in a rented property cutting half acre of lawns.

At home here have a castlegarden ride on 13.5hp B&S engine 36 inch cut and it's been faultless for the last 9 seasons only Needing a service every second year and one drive belt this spring.

thanks guys,so after some research and chatting with some of the garden machine shops,it seems castlegarden make alot of the chassis,frames for other manufacturers ,ie just rebadged with the difference being the engine ,ie maybe honda,kawasaki .i do like the look of the cub cadet,seem solid built but most are mulchers,i think i will go with the castlegarden xdc140hd or pg140 model seeing as its only over 1/2 acre and all flat ground.thanks

Advertisement