Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyds Stocks

Options
  • 18-08-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Folks,

Looking to get a Boyds Stock and wondering how to get my hands on one. I contacted them directly but they don't ship items over $100. I see a few members here with them. Anyone over here bringing them in?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A lot of their stocks start at or are $99 for that reason. What one are you looking at?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The shipping price isn't included in the $99 limit if that is what's throwing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

Are you looking for a Boyds Evolution stock for a Ruger 10/22? If so, Gunshop.ie sell them, available at Harbour House every Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

targetx wrote: »
    Are you looking for a Boyds Evolution stock for a Ruger 10/22? If so, Gunshop.ie sell them, available at Harbour House every Saturday.

How much are they selling them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

175 to 180 advertised on their site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭hawlk

I imported an evolution for a 10/22 it cost me 165 euro , easier to buy one here for the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gneeves

Hi lads, thanks for the replies. I'm after a stock for a ruger American .223, the Boyds stocks start at $113 without any customising. Any info appreciated.

If they are over the $100 mark then you're out of luck when it comes to Boyds. Even if a dealer wanted to do it the issue is not shipping it, but they (Boyds) need an export license for anything over $100 and to avoid this they don't ship them so no one can import the stock if it's over this price.

Now that is my understanding of it. If someone can get it in for you then more power to them but as said it's not an Irish issue, but an American one that is going to prevent you importing it.

The only advice i can give is try other stock makers and see if you can find either the same stock from another supplier, or try get it or something similar form a European supplier.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Thanks Cass, I'd say this is the end of my search for the moment until they drop the price or raise the export limit from the US. I noticed them initially for their price and was looking to change the stock on the Ruger. Edgar Brothers in UK appear as a distributor on their website, so far they haven't replied to my query.

There is some sort of trade agreement between the states and the UK that allows for that so wait for a reply before forgetting the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Give South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies a shout, u'll get their details online, as for Edgars a crowd of sh-tes

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Give South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies a shout, u'll get their details online, as for Edgars a crowd of sh-tes

It says they do not export gun stocks, you may have to use a parcel motel in Belfast as the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I'm also looking for a boyds stock that costs over 100 dollars. I emailed boyds to see if there was any way of getting one. They replied saying that they can't send it but said I could get someone in the states to buy one for me and send it to me.
    That can't be right. If boyds are not allowed to send it how can anyone else do it.
    I emailed South York shooting a few days ago but didn't get a reply yet.
    I know they don't export but I could get it sent to the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Roger is a busy man it might take a bit of time for him to reply try ringing if he doesn't but def worth a chat to, he is well know with the rimfire gallery shooters, and a lot of guys have equipment from him. No bother getting anything sent to the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Just checked the website for Boyds and they have changed their services offering premier and heritage stocks which seem to have mandatory extras that are approximately $15.00 + which automatically push the price above the limit for export.
    I ran the figures on other stock options and they fall under the limit and cost approximately $60.00 postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I got a stock that was above the limit sent here privately. You need someone in the states to order it then have them ship it to you.

That's the only way around it unless you can get a dealer here or in thr UK to get it for you

Thanks for all your replies. I made contact with Edgar Brothers and we'll see how it goes from there. I let ye know if it works out.

Advertisement